As you probably know, vacuum sealers have become quite popular lately. often becoming a must-have in the kitchen. The history of vacuum sealers is quite interesting. They were first used during World War II by soldiers which helped them to preserve the food for long periods of time. The first sealers were small in size compared to many of the ones we’re using today. These ones were invented by Karl Busch in the 1950’s and have evolved over time becoming more efficient and better-looking. Today there’s a bunch of different types of vacuum sealers to choose from. We’ve gathered the best ones and we’re ready to share their specs with you.
There are many advantages and benefits associated with using vacuum sealers. Once you quickly grow through the list you’ll wonder how come you didn’t consider getting one of these things earlier. After all, who doesn’t want their food to last longer, to taste better and to take up less space? Anyway, we’re compiled a list of 10 advantages that we think are the most important ones:
- vacuum-sealed food lasts considerably longer than the one preserved using traditional methods. For example, meat lasts for 2 to 3 years this way as opposed to only 6 months.
- this technique also protects the food from freezer burn which occurs when water turns into ice crystals and basically tears up the food from the inside.
- vacuum-sealed food tastes better for longer. This technique removed all the air and preserves all the flavors and the texture of the food which means your food will also be more nutritious, even after you defrost it.
- by vacuum sealing your food you’ll also be able to organize your fridge and freezer better and more efficiently given that sealed items take up less space.
- you can vacuum seal not only solid foods but also liquids. This means you’ll be able to store soups, sauces and other such things for later use.
- this technique also helps you save time. You can prep lots of food in advance and have it vacuum sealed and stored in the fridge or the freezer for later use. This way you’ll spend less time prepping and cooking on weekdays and have more time to relax and do other things.
- by removing all the oxygen from the bag, vacuum sealing prevents chemical reactions triggered by it and thus prevents food from spoiling. At the same time it prevents bacteria from growing.
- vacuum sealers also help you save money by allowing you to store leftovers, to buy food items in bulk and to portion them for later use without worrying they’ll go bad.
- you can also use the vacuum sealer to reseal previously open food packages. You can use it to reseal bags of chips and other such things.
- vacuum sealing is also excellent for marinating meat. Since this process takes time you can place everything in bags, seal them and store them for long period of time.
This vacuum sealer by NutriChef is compact in size and has a modern and stylish design. It’s super easy to use thanks to the digital buttons positions at the top and the convenient LED indicator lights. It’s also very useful and practical because it lets you choose between two modes based on the type of food you want to seal. There’s one mode for dry and solid food items and another for moist types like poached, simmered or steamed foods.
The way in which vacuum sealers work (this one included) is by removing air from specially designed bags and sealing the bags to keep the air out and to prevent freezer burn and food waste. They’re definitely very practical and they reduce meal prep time and waste in general. This particular model is part of a kitchen which includes the following items: an air suction hose, 5 heat-seal bags, a 7.8″*78″ roll, a user manual and the actual vacuum sealer.
The Foodsaver vacuum sealer is quite robust and not as compact as other models. You can use it to make food stored in the freezer last up to 3 years and to preserve its flavor the entire time. It’s also great for prepping meals in advance and storing produce in the fridge for weeks without going bad. The automatic bag detection feature makes the sealer super easy to use.
Here’s another Foodsaver vacuum sealer, this time a lot more compact than the one described just above. The compact size makes storage easy and the starter kit provides you with everything you need to test its capabilities including a vacuum seal roll and five bags in two different sizes. You can use this to seal both wet and dry items using the same mode thanks to the removable drip tray that catches any overflow liquid and which is dishwasher-safe.
The Geryon vacuum sealer is also super compact and convenient. It can be used with sealer bags of up to 12” in width as well as with sealer rolls for creating custom-sized packages. It’s lightweight, simple to use and easy to store. you can opt for the starter kit which includes 5 heat=seal bags that measure 7.8″x11.8″ and a sealer roll that measures 7.8″x78″.
All vacuum sealers are super convenient for a variety of reasons, this one even more so thanks to its compact design. Use it to organize your freezer and prevent the food from getting damaged by ice crystals as well as to make your food last for longer. You can easily seal and store leftovers and buy frequently used items in bulk knowing they’ll last for a long time. To use it just put the food into a bag, insert the open end into the sealer and it will remove the air and stop automatically once the sealing process is complete.
The Toyuugo vacuum sealer is also a really great example. It has a built-in cutter and a storage area for seller rolls and bags and it’s super easy to use. It has two modes for wet and respectively dry foods as well as automatic and a manual mode which gives you better control. It’s made from premium metal and it’s very durable and also stylish thanks to its sleek and modern design.
In case you’re already familiar with vacuum sealers and you’re looking for a pro model, check out this particular one. It’s a heavy-duty, 935 watt machine with a double piston pump seal bar which removes all the air and seals the bag super quick. The seal bar is extra wide which gives you more freedom and lets you seal all sorts of food items including game and fish. The sealer works with a variety of different bag sizes and was designed for continuous use, featuring a cooler which prevents it from overheating even when used repetitively.