How to Decorate Your House in White?
I love white homes because they show you cleanliness and they also feel welcoming. Besides, if you have small kids like I do it’s almost impossible to have colored walls because kids simply love painting the walls and use crayons both on paper and on all the walls of the house. So it is easier to paint a room in white or to paint only a part of a room than to do the same thing using colors. But if you want to arrange a whole room in white you should know a few things because otherwise you risk of having a really dull house , looking like a very clean and disinfected hospital room.
1. The first rule is to use different shades of white for decorating a whole room in white. You can pick the right kind of white depending on the kind of decoration you want to use. For example using white with pale shades of blue inspire cleanliness, using yellowish or brownish shades of white express a vintage decor, so use vintage furniture and carpets plus nice vintage decorations like statues, vases, etc. Using white with a few shades of gray plus a few dark gray or even back details will make a perfect modern design.
2. Use different textures and materials or else the whole room will be simply boring. Even if all the things in a room are white, if their textures are different, they will look fine together and will give a three dimensional impression.
3. Use small decorations of a different color, for example orange pillows, an orange vase and two orange frames for the paintings displayed ion the wall. It will make the atmosphere lively and nice. Or you can use a small blue carpet with a blue ribbon for the curtains and a small blue bedside lamp, all in the same shade of blue.
4. Use white decorations , but displayed in a different color of the frame: for example three white elephants three square black shelves or on a brown mantlepiece.
5. Use plants to make the room full of life and to add a bit of color. Or you can use a vase full of colorful flowers instead.
These are just a few tricks, but if you have some more ideas, please share them with us.