How to decorate a laundry room?
Do you feel like other women that doing laundry is one of the most boring and monotonous works to be done? Have you pondered why it is this way? One of the most probably reason behind this is a boring and bland laundry room. Most of the homeowners do not give any importance to the décor of the laundry, and dress the room in a simple way. However, it has been observed that a well decorated room makes the task of laundry enjoyable and fun to do.
1) You can start decorating a laundry room with the selection of a theme. The theme could be anything such as your favorite color or any pattern, etc.
2) Paint the walls of the laundry room in a vibrant color based on the theme. If you have not selected any theme, then select energetic and bright shades to dress the walls such as strawberry pink, lemon yellow, bright yellow, aqua blue, grass green, etc. The color should be such that it lifts your mood and makes you happy.
3) Enhance the decoration of the laundry room by hanging artwork and paintings. Alternatively, you may also hang a family picture or some old childhood snaps also. Use your creativity for decorating the wall.
4) Keep your feet warm and cozy by placing few mats and rugs on the floor in front of the washer and dryer. Rugs are a great assistance as they shall absorb the water that falls on the floor. If you have a theme, select the rugs according to the chosen theme, or else choose rugs with nice designs and vibrant colors.
5) Get the nature involved and make the room promote tranquility. Small plants, regardless of the fact that they are artificial or real, shall add a lot of life to the room.
6) Light the room efficiently so that the room does not appear dull and boring and there is sufficient light for activities such as sewing, ironing and other activities.
7) Install a CD player or a small radio so that you listen to your favorite tunes while doing the laundry work.
8) Install a fan in the laundry room. This shall circulate the air and help to keep the laundry room cool which may feel warm and damp at times.