6 Tips to decorate a study room
Generally speaking, a study room is a place which is destined to be used for study or work. It is the place which you can call as your own and have your freedom. It is the place where you can work to realize your goals in life. It is the place that shall reflect your individuality.A well decorated study room is known to create interest in work and build enthusiasm.
There is a myriad of ways to decorate your study room. This is not a place where you can reflect eclectic designs and use colors but this does not imply that it has to be done in a conservative fashion. Here is a list of top tips to help you decorate your study room –
1) Utmost importance should be given to the finishing of the study room. A study room requires a comfortable and sober atmosphere so that you can concentrate. For dressing your walls, choose a color that keeps you focused and also relaxes you. Colors like sage, crisp white, pale yellow, trendy coffee color are appropriate.
2) For the flooring of your study room, select a style that complements your home. Ceramic tiles are sturdy and easy to maintain, whereas wooden flooring is known to impart warmth to the room and makes the room look like an office. Installation of a carpet is also a good choice.
3) For the furniture of your study room, people have the habit to stick with the bare essentials. However, this imparts a cold look to the room. Try to make your study room comfortable as well as stylish. Instead of the typical chair, try to get a stylish and comfortable chair.
4) If you have empty walls, then you can have a wooden panel along the wall as a bookcase. If you spend a lot of time reading, then buy an ottoman or a single seat sofa. You may also add a small table near it so that you can use it for placing your coffee cup, books or other essentials.
5) Lighting in the study room should not be too bright but should be sufficient to allow you to do your work without any strain.
6) Paintings and wall hangings look amazing in a study room. A classic look may be imparted to the room by hanging a beautiful scenery painting. Or else you might also hang any of your creations or even hang a picture of yours with your friends.