One of my favorite things about winter is snow and these diy snowflake coasters perfectly capture that. Who remembers making those paper snowflakes as a child? Well, this craft takes those snowflakes to the next level and puts them into coasters! You can make a whole bunch of them and give them out as a gift or display them on your table for a cute, festive look.
Keep reading to find the full tutorial for these snowflake coasters!
How to make these snowflake coasters:
1. Start by making your paper snowflake. To do this you need to start with a square of paper (preferably small as it will have to fit inside your circular mold). Fold your square in half diagonally and then in half again diagonally. 2. Fold the two sides in so they overlap each other. Cut off the top two triangles.
3. Make random cuts into your triangle to form the details of the snowflake.
4. Once you are done gently unfold your snowflake.
5. Next make up your resin mixture. You will want to follow the instructions on your bottle but what I did was I poured equal amounts of the resin and the catalyst into a plastic cup and stirred for 2 minutes.
6. Pour some of your resin mixture into one of the molds. Put the snowflake on top and then pour more of the resin mixture to cover the snowflake. Do this with all your molds.
7. Let your resin harden for 24-36 hours depending on what your instructions say.
8. Carefully take your snowflakes out of the molds and sand down any rough edges.
There you have it! A set of custom snowflake coasters perfect for your winter home! These coasters would also make a wonderful gift all tied up in pretty ribbon!