This Jack O’Lantern cocktail glass DIY is so simple to make that you cold easily whip up a full cabinet of them in no time. These would make a great last minute addition to a Halloween party. Who wouldn’t want to drink out of a Jack O’Lantern cocktail glass? I plan to drink all of my cocktails out of these bad boys until Halloween is over… and maybe even after because I don’t want to let Halloween go!
Keep reading to find out how you can make your own Jack O’lantern cocktail glass set for Halloween!
How to make a Jack O’lantern cocktail glass:
1. Start by cleaning off your glass with some soap and water. You want to make sure there aren’t any fingerprints on the glass. Dry completely before moving onto the next step.
2. Taking your Jack O’lantern stencil, peel it off the backing and stick it to your glass where you want the face to be. My stencil had different sets of eyes and mouths so if you are using the same one then choose which ones you want to put on and place inside the pumpkin stencil.
3. Grab your etching cream and a paint brush. Dip your paint brush into your etching cream and paint it onto your stencil. I painted on a thick coat to make sure the glass was thoroughly covered. Let sit for 1-2 minutes. I found the longer I let the cream sit than what was indicated on the bottled, it created a slightly more opaque result.
4. Wash the etching cream off of your glass using water.
5. Peel off your stencil.
6. Mix up a cocktail and enjoy it in your new glass!
I ended up making 4 of these pumpkin glasses because they were so quick and easy to make! Definitely a great party DIY! Be sure to share this craft with any friends who might like their own set of jack o’lantern glasses!