Your passion for tasting and collecting wine should not be limited to the space in your home. It’s true that not everyone has the space and resources for a wine cellar or a wine tasting room, but even in a small home there are ways of making space for this hobby. Let’s take a look at five creative ideas related to this concept.
1. You don’t necessarily have to consecrate an entire room for displaying your wine collection. A corner of a room is enough. And to allow your collection to be admired from all angles, a stylish idea is to encase that corner in floor-to-ceiling glass walls. This way you will create a focal point in the room and you won’t have to elaborate on the design.
2. If you don’t want to partition your room by creating storage and display corner for your wine collection, then you might want to turn to more traditional solutions such as a closet. A wine closet would be a safe and practical solution and it would also be a simple alternative for a wine cellar. It’s a good compromise and it would be like a miniature version of a cellar.
3. Of course, assuming that you have the space, you could also organize a wine tasting area in your cellar. Simply include a dining table and some chairs in the center of the wine cellar and you’ll get a classy environment for tasting your wine. It would be interesting to also create a décor to go with that concept.
4. For those of us that don’t have the luxury of possessing a wine cellar, there are other more practical alternatives. For example, you could use the space underneath your staircase to create an affordable and original storage space for your wine bottles. It would be easier to access than a regular cellar and it would also be a nice focal point for your décor.
5. Another great thing that goes well with a collection of wine is a collection of books. So take this opportunity to combine these two passions. You can create a mixed storage space. Simply incorporate extra shelving space in your library, media room or whenever you have the space and include your wine collection in the design.