Bring your jack-o-lantern ideas to life with the proper pumpkin carving tools. A sharp kitchen knife works for basic cutouts, but a good pumpkin carving kit enables you to make cleaner, more detailed designs and reduces the risk of injuries.
No matter your skill level, age, or budget, we’ve found the best pumpkin carving kits to suit your needs.
Best Pumpkin Carving Kits
- Top Choice: Comfy Mate 17 pc. Pumpkin Carving Kit
- Best Budget Pick: AOSTAR 6 Tool Set
- Best High-End: Bootiful Carving Tools
- Best for Kids: WANNTS Pumpkin Tool Kit
- Best Accessories: Feyuan Pumpkin Cutting Supplies
The Best Pumpkin Carving Kits Reviews
These pumpkin carving kits contain a range of accessories, from serrated saws to cookie-cutter-like molds. These tools can help you cut into your pumpkin, scoop out the seeds, and carve your pumpkin designs.
Top Choice: Comfy Mate 17 pc. Pumpkin Carving Kit
The Comfy Mate Carving Kit contains 17 pieces, including two saws, a cambered etching tool, a scoop, a poker drill, and six double-sided carving tools. The instruments feature non-slip handles and stainless steel blades. The kit also comes with five LED candles and a storage case.
View on Amazon
The quality of this kit far surpasses the standard plastic cutting and scooping tools available at most big box stores. As long as you clean the tools after use, you can store and use them for years.
The Comfy Mate Carving Kits has a 4.5 out of 5-star rating from over 750 users. Most reviews were positive, with praise for the durability of the blades. However, a few comments state that the blades will bend if you put them under too much pressure.
- High-quality set with stainless steel blades for a moderate price
- Comes with a convenient storage case
- Over 17 pcs with tools for basic and detailed pumpkin carving
- The blades can bend under pressure
Best Budget Pick: AOSTAR 6 Tool Set
For less than $10, the AOSTAR pumpkin carving kit packs everything a kid will need to make their own jack-o-lantern. It includes six carving tools, six candle LED lights, six ring LED lights, two pumpkin lawn bags, ten stencils, and ten pumpkin stickers.
View on Amazon
Most tools in the kit are plastic, although the saws have thin stainless steel blades. These tools are ideal for a season but aren’t good enough quality to use year after year. Still, this kit is an excellent pick for parents of kids who want a lot of accessories.
The AOSTAR pumpkin kit has 4.5 out of 5 stars from more than 150 reviewers. Users love all the accessories the kit includes, although they were disappointed in how fast the cutting blade bends.
- Accessories like lights, stickers, and templates are ideal for children
- Inexpensive; a lot of value for the cost
- Includes six cutting tools for carving
- Lower-quality carving tools bend easily
- The kit won’t last more than one season
Best High-End: Bootiful Carving Tools
Those who want a kit they can use year after year will appreciate the Bootiful Carving Tools. Each of the eight tools has a sturdy handle and a stainless steel blade and comes in a convenient carrying case.
View on Amazon
Once you’ve used these tools to carve your pumpkin, you can throw them in the dishwasher and store them in their case once dry. The high quality allows you to use this kit for years, saving money in the long run.
The Bootiful Carving Tools have a 4.5 out of 5-star rating from over 1,300 users. Most users claim this kit is one of the highest-quality available and great for the price. There are a few comments complaining that some of the blades are bent.
- High-quality carving tools with stainless steel blades that don’t bend
- All tools are dishwasher-safe
- The kit will last for years, saving you money in the long run
- A couple complaints that some of the tools weren’t sharp enough
Best for Kids: WANNTS Pumpkin Tool Kit
If you’re worried about your kid cutting themselves or being unable to tackle an intricate template, take a look at the WANNTs Pumpkin Tool Kit. It features 22 steel carving molds that you can hammer into a pumpkin with a wooden or rubber mallet and pop out for a custom design.
View on Amazon
The kit also includes a saw and scoop for cutting the top of the pumpkin and removing the seeds. The molds are dishwasher-safe and will last for years.
The WANNTS Pumpkin Toolkit has a 4.6 out of 5-star rating from more than 350 users. Reviewers love that this kit makes pumpkin carving easy and reduces hand fatigue. The biggest complaint is that the molds don’t work or bend on thick pumpkins.
- The molds eliminate the need for carving, making pumpkin decorating easy
- Stainless steel molds are dishwasher safe
- The kit includes 22 cutters, a scoop, and a saw
- Doesn’t include a rubber or wooden mallet for inserting the molds
- The kit doesn’t work as well on thick pumpkins
Best Accessories: Feyuan Pumpkin Cutting Supplies
Get your LED candles, pumpkin tools, and templates all in one with this kit from Feyuan. It includes 12 carving tools with stainless steel blades, sturdy handles, a carrying case, six LED lights, and five templates.
View on Amazon
With proper care, this kit will last more than one season. It provides all the tools you’ll need for carving intricate details into your pumpkin.
The Feyuan Pumpkin Cutting Supplies has a 4.4 out of 5-star rating from over 800 users. Most reviewers agree that the plastic-handled tools are sturdy and work well. There are a few complaints that the double-sided wood-handled tools bend easily, and some don’t work.
- Includes 12 carving tools for basic and detailed pumpkins
- The kit comes with six candle LED lights, five templates, and a carrying case
- Plastic-handled tools are sturdy, and the blades don’t bend
- Wooden-handled tools are not as sturdy; some don’t work well
How We Compiled the Best Pumpkin Carving Kits
Before choosing the top five best pumpkin carving kits, we narrowed down the most popular categories, which included kits for kids, high-end kits, and budget-friendly options. We then reviewed more than 30 of the most popular pumpkin carving tool sets, evaluating quality, price, and user reviews.