We all might agree, that the mousepads are one of those old-school accessories, that are not used as often as in the past, due to the new technologies – mainly optical mice and laptops trackpads being a standard. However, as great as the IT progress is, I believe that an old good matt is a great way to add style and personality to your desk so we shouldn’t completely ignore them.To prove my point, I decided to create one, in line with the recent interior trends – bringing the cosmic, galaxy world inside.
The Universe trend has originated from the catwalks and slowly found its way into interiors – any objects with the planetary, star motifs are trending right now, so if you are a design enthusiast, this mousepad is probably the easiest way to ‘get the look’ without turning your entire home into a cosmic base. Even though a mousepad it’s not a must-have accessory, I think it’s worth making it for its look, don’t you think?
Here’s a list of supplies you will need to complete this project:
- thin layer of cork
- round shaped object (for example a bowl)
- dark blue paint
- white spray paint
- sharp craft knife or scissors (if your cork is thiner than 0.5 cm)
Follow these simple instructions to create your mousepad:
1. Place the bowl on top of the cork and trace draw a round shape. Cut out the mousepad shape.
2. Paint the cork with a dark blue paint and wait for it to dry.
3. When dry, shake well the white spray paint. Press it very gently while holding it on top of the mouse pad, letting the little white drops fall on it, making the galaxy design. Wait for the white paint to dry well.
Now your new cosmic mousepad is ready to use!
To complete the entire project you will need only about 20 minutes (including the time to let the paint dry) and you will have a stylish accessory to match your style and home decor. Of course the cosmic design is just an example, I recommend you to get creative and come up with your own motifs. If you do, let us know in the comment section below, we would love to see your creations and we will share some of our favorites on our social media!