If you want to find the best upholstery steam cleaner to keep your furniture looking great for years to come, look no further.
Whether a kid or pet left stains on your sofa or a guest spilled wine on your favorite chair, treating your upholstery with a steam cleaner can remove the stain.
Pick Up A New Upholstery Steam Cleaner To Keep Your Furniture Looking Great For Years To Come
Finding a steam cleaner for a couch or sofa can be tiresome. With so much to choose from, making a decision isn’t easy. In this guide, we’ll take you through the ‘art’ of buying a furniture steam cleaner.
Steam Cleaner For Couch
A steam cleaner can remove stains from upholstery. Most people don’t own a couch-cleaning machine, and hiring a pro isn’t cheap. Today, steam cleaners are smaller and less expensive, allowing you to do the job yourself.
The Most Popular Steam Cleaners For Couch
- Hand-held upholstery cleaners are the new normal in households across the US. They can break down stains, disinfect, and even kills bed bugs. Do not use a carpet cleaning machine to clean your upholstered furniture.
- Couch Shampooer, otherwise known as a steam vacuum, uses detergent or a special formula cleaner for couches.
What Not To Clean With Steam Cleaner
Steam cleaners heat water up to 225 degrees F. Do not use a steam cleaner on furniture that cannot handle hot temperatures and moisture.
- Porous surfaces like marble, brick, and stucco.
- Delicate fabrics like silk.
- Wallpaper, but it depends on the steam cleaner.
What You Need To Know Before Buying A Steam Cleaner For a Couch
Choosing a steam cleaner for your furniture isn’t hard, but it does require effort. We’ve outlined the basics to consider for when you need a steam cleaner for your couch, sofa, or other upholstered furniture pieces.
- Budget – As the saying goes, spend what you can afford. Steam cleaner prices range from $30 to $500.
- Size – Steam cleaners come in many shapes and sizes. Handheld, upright, and full-size are a few options. Portable steam cleaners are small and have a compact body.
- Brand- Consider the brand of the steamer and look for a product with many online reviews
- Attachment – Steam cleaners have add-ons that work on different surfaces. Some of them include a squeegee, water cup, nozzle, and washable mop, among others.
- Usage – Three factors that determine how easy it is to use a steam cleaner are its shape, weight, and size.
- Steaming time – See how long you can use the steamer before you need to refill it with water.
- The time it takes to heat up – Don’t forget to watch the time it takes the steamer to pump out steam.
- Water tank capacity – It takes longer for steamers with larger water tanks to produce steam. It also takes longer before a refill is required.
- Energy – A steamer uses 1,000 to 1,800 watts, about four times that of a computer. The consumption varies depending on the heating system and other elements to heat the steam in the boiler system.
- Noise level – Steam cleaners are quiet. They don’t make noise when pressure seeps out of the top.
- Warranty – Do not forget to check for the warranty before buying.
Best Upholstered Furniture Steam Cleaner
The following products were tested and backed up with favorable customer reviews.
The best furniture steam cleaners:
The Hoover Spotless Portable Carpet and Upholstery cleaner is a lightweight steamer. It allows you to remove stains anywhere, including everyday mishaps to messes made by pets and children. The five-foot hose enables you to reach spots and stains with ease. It combines the power of suction with a hygienic deep cleaning.
Dual tank technology separates the dirt, allowing you to refill, empty, and rinse. The cleaner is easy to use and assemble.
The Hoover Spotless Portable Upholstery Cleaner extracts stains and spots with a multipurpose antimicrobial tool that protects from mold, bacteria, and mildew.
The hose is self-cleaning, so you don’t have to worry about bad odors. Plug the hose into the cleaning port at the back of the machine and turn the “Spotless” setting on to remove debris.
It weighs 9 pounds and is 15 inches tall, making storage easy.
- Lightweight and compact
- All-natural. No chemicals needed
- Wide reach range
- Powerful suction
- Dual tank technology
The Bissell Carpet Cleaner is perfect for households with pets. It’s a powerful spot and stain remover for carpets, upholstery, stairs, and more.
The Bissell Carpet Cleaner combines suction, scrubbing, and professional cleaning solutions to aid in removing stubborn pet stains and dirt. It also has the ability to remove tough messes and protect your stairs from future stains.
Its design makes cleaning stairs easier as it has a 6” stair tool. When you buy a Bissell product, you help save homeless pets, as Bissell supports the Bissell Pet Foundation.
The cleaner weighs 16.43 pounds and is easy to carry. At 14 inches tall, the height makes storage easy.
- Compact and portable
- Easy to store
- Powerful suction
- Natural disinfectant
It takes hard work to have a spotless couch when you have a drooling dog in the house. The Wagner 915 on Demand Steam cleaner is an all-natural machine that uses steam alone to clean countless areas around your home.
It holds up to 48 ounces of water and needs 10 minutes to heat. However, it doesn’t use chemicals and runs for 45 minutes before refilling. The steam hose is eight feet long, which allows you to clean in large working spaces, compensating for its short cord. It is also 13.77 pounds, making it easy to carry and store.
The Wagner 915 On-Demand Steam Cleaner comes with 11 attachments, which are the wallpaper steam plate, jet nozzle, brass utility brush, nylon utility brush, measuring cup, extension tube, filling funnel, window/tile squeegee, floor cleaning head, and floor cleaning pad.
- Ability to hold 8 oz. of water
- Lasts up to 45 minutes before refill
- Heats up in less than 10 minutes
- Chemical-free cleaning
Everyone likes a machine that eliminates the hassle of cords and also offers easy mobility. This handheld product brings both to the table.
The Pet Stain Eraser removes deep stains and spots fast with its powerful suction. This spot cleaner combines warm water, a targeted cleaning formula, and powerful suction to get deep down in spots that need extra cleaning.
It’s most suitable for cleaning chairs, stairs, area rugs, auto interiors, and other small furniture.
- Powerful suction
- Cordless and portable
- Instant stain removal
- Weighs 4.6 pounds
This 7.3-pound cordless handheld steam cleaner is easy to use and has strong suction power. It’s perfect for cleaning up after your pet.
The handheld steamer is rechargeable as its ONEPWR battery (which is also removable) is compatible with all ONEPWR products, giving it an expansive cord-free range. Its lightweight and compact design make it easy to use and store.
You can use this steamer to clean anything from hard floors and carpets to upholstery and chairs.
- Portable and lightweight
- Powerful suction
- Dual tank for clean and dirty water
- Easy refill and rinse
- Compact; easy storage
No matter the stains, this heavy-duty steamer packs enough punch to clean for up to 50 minutes before a refill is needed. Superheated steam kills about 99 percent of surface germs without using chemicals.
The model is compact and easy to store. At 9 pounds, it’s lightweight. The hose length is about 6″6′, and it takes about seven minutes to heat.
It has a two-year warranty.
- Steam temperature goes up to 2750
- Compact and portable
- Two-year warranty
- All-natural. No chemicals needed
- Natural disinfectant
- Kills bed bugs and dust mites
- Comes with about 18 attachments
Tips for Steam Cleaner Use
Here are some tips to keep your steam cleaner in excellent shape:
- Distilled water – Distilled water is the best because it doesn’t have minerals that will accumulate in your steamer, unlike tap water.
- Test before cleaning a new surface – Test your steamer on a small area when cleaning a new surface to ensure it doesn’t cause damage.
- Always rinse the cleaner – To preserve your steam cleaner, rinse it after each use.
How a Steam Cleaner Works
The vapor from a steam cleaner deodorizes and sanitizes your couch without chemicals. Surface dirt is loosened and dissolved when high-temperature steam is applied to it.
Before you begin, vacuum to loosen stains and lift debris. You can start steaming afterward by connecting the appropriate attachment.
Fill the tank with water and wait for the device to heat up, then follow the directions to clean your upholstery.
A steam cleaner can be used on microfiber. Choose a temperature for the material before you begin. To make the steaming easier, use a vacuum or a lint roller to lift the debris beforehand.
Types of upholstered furniture steam cleaners
The ability of steam cleaners to remove stains, dust, and mites is unmatched. There are many types of steam cleaners, and by knowing this, it will be easier for you to pick the one that’s right for you.
Here are a few that we have taken time test for you:
Handheld Steam Cleaner For Couch
Handheld steam cleaners can remove dirt, stains, and sanitize upholstery. They are light, portable, and easy to carry.
2. Steam Vacuum Cleaner
Steam vacuum cleaners make steam that you can use for carpets, floors, furnishings, and upholstery. Go through the user manual before you start using this type of steamer, as there are different variations of this machine.
Vapor Steam Cleaner
Vapor Steam Cleaners remove dirt from surfaces and dry them. They have various attachments and features, so they can clean different objects, coverings, and floorings. Vapor steamers are good for homes with children and pets because of their drying effect. The downside is that they’re larger, requiring bigger storage space.
Garment Steam Cleaners
You can use garment steam cleaners to remove wrinkles from clothing and fabric.
Advantages of Steam Cleaning
Steamers don’t require detergent or chemicals to clean stains – they use steam and nothing else. The heat from steam loosens up dirt and stains, and the vacuum suctions the dirt from the upholstery.
Steam cleaning also helps with dust mite control. Temperatures as high as 1300F kill dust mites, and the steam that comes off from most cleaners is over 2000F.
Disadvantages of Steam Cleaning
- High-temperature heat – The temperature of the steam generated by the steamer can be high. This is a safety concern for many people.
- Time of warm-up – Some machines take a long time to warm up.
- More expensive – Some steam cleaners are high-priced, but you can find models at various budget levels.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)FAQ
Can You Use a Steam Cleaner on a Couch?
Yes. The vapor form a dry-steam cleaner will deodorize and sanitize your sofa. Dissolves surface grime, enhancing colors as well.
There are many cleaning heads that come with steam cleaner devices. If your appliance’s maker has advised the use of a specific cleaning head for upholstery, then use it.
What Is The Best Steam Cleaner For My Couch?
The Bissell 3624 is a product that checks off all the right boxes when it comes to steam cleaners, as it can remove difficult stains, can reach areas that would be difficult to reach, has a long power cord, and comes with a bunch of attachments for all your steam cleaning needs.
Can I Use a Steam Cleaner on Wood Furniture?
Steam cleaners use regular tap water to produce high-temperature steam vapor that is a powerful deep-cleaning agent. They apply heat to do this. Heating water at 225 degrees F will kill bacteria. Avoid using steam cleaners if you have an object that can be harmed by high heat (over 225 degrees F).
How Long Does Steam Take to Kill Bacteria?
A steam cleaner can kill most viruses and germs, or with steam if it’s hot enough. Bacteria, viruses, and more are 99 percent destroyed when steam makes direct contact with them for three minutes as long as the 175- and 212-degrees Fahrenheit. Higher temperatures are better.
Can a Steam Cleaner Kill Bed Bugs?
Steam can kill bed bugs at any phase if you use it right. The quality of the steam cleaner is vital when using steam as a treatment.
Your surface temperature should reach 160-180 degrees F. Bed bugs can withstand temperatures below 160 degrees. When temperatures climb over 180 degrees, you could damage your sofa.
Hand-held steam cleaners have an infrared thermometer. It will help you measure surface temperatures. The rate at which you move the wand controls the temperature. When you move the wand slow, you’ll get a low temperature. If it’s too high, move the wand faster.
Do Steam Cleaners Also Vacuum?
It is not advisable use steam cleaners as vacuum cleaners. It depends on the model. Not all steam cleaners can vacuum. The role of a steam cleaner for couch is to disinfect and sanitize.
Because it liquefies the dirt, a steam cleaner does a decent job of vacuuming light dirt, but you must keep in mind that the machine will turn dirt into mud, so most of the time, it is hard to extract the dirt from the tank. In order to dispose of the dirty water, you want to keep the amount of solid waste to a minimum.
For the greatest results, start by using a vacuum cleaner and then use a steam cleaner.
Can I Use Carpet Shampooer On My Couch?
You can clean couch upholstery with a carpet shampooer. Remember, a carpet shampooer is a steam vacuum.
Can I Use A DIY Homemade Steam Cleaner Solution?
Yes, you can. All you need is hydrogen peroxide, hot water, and dish soap. Mix the ingredients and put the solution in your steam cleaner and watch the magic happen.