If you’re wondering why you should get a bidet converter kit, the answers are clear: water and toilet paper.
When considering the toilet paper shortage of 2020 combined with massive water shortages worldwide, adding a bidet converter kit to your home bathroom is a wise addition.
A bidet is a hygienic bathroom fixture people use to wash their genital area after using the toilet. A bidet converter kit provides a more thorough cleaning experience than toilet paper.
What Is A Bidet Converter Kit?
There are three main types of bidet converter kits, and each performs the same function: to clean you off with water after bathroom use.
The most basic converter kit is a handheld sprayer that runs on water pressure. There are also two types of toilet seat attachments: a non-electric toilet seat and an electric toilet seat. The non-electric option offers a basic cleansing, while the electric version has features like heated water and a warm-air dry function.
According to most bidet converter kit users, the toilet seat add-on leaves them feeling fresher and cleaner than toilet paper. Others claim it is a more comfortable option for new moms and those suffering from irritable bowel syndrome.
Converter Kit Vs. Bidet
Bidets offer a gentler alternative to toilet paper, reducing hemorrhoid pain and rectal itch. However, a full bidet can be expensive and requires more bathroom space, making them impractical for smaller lavatories.
Lucky for you, bidet converter kits or add-on bidets are available. They are cheaper than full bidets and easy to install.
Bidet Converter Kits
Bidet converter kits offer the same benefits as a full toilet bidet. Below, we’ve outlined the pros and cons for your convenience.
- Cheaper than a full bidet
- Saves money on toilet paper
- Easy installation
- Suitable for small bathrooms
- Might require a new electrical outlet
- Heater may not be reliable
A bidet is a small, porcelain fixture that stands alone. After using the bathroom, you sit on the bidet for cleaning. The following information lists the pros and cons of a full bidet:
- Allows you to save money on toilet paper
- Available in many styles
- Water temperature and pressure are adjustable
- Expensive to install
- Requires more space
- It is not as convenient for people who have mobility concerns
Best Bidet Converter Kits For Your Smart Bathroom
When shopping for a bidet converter kit, there are many styles to choose from. To help you, we’ve created a list of the best bidet converter kits on the market today.
The TOTO Electronic Bidet is a high-tech bidet seat. The model utilizes advanced technology and innovation to ensure cleanliness, providing ultimate comfort and hygiene. The bidet’s front wash feature, otherwise known as a “feminine wash,” offers protection from germs that can cause infections in sensitive areas.
The bidet converter kit is easy to install and simple to use. It comes with a base plate, tee connector, wash-let, and installation hardware.
- Temperature control
- Toilet seat warmer
- Water pressure control
- Overall dimensions- 7.375” H x 18.875” W x 20.875” D
- Interior Bowl dimensions- .87” W x 11.37” L
- Product Weight – 16 pounds
- Adjustable spray that cleanses and refreshes you better than regular toilet paper
- Self-cleaning wand, designed to clean before and after use
- Hands-free air dryer with warmer
- Automatically air deodorizer that neutralizes bathroom odors through the use of powerful filters
- French curves may inhibit the proper installation. Ensure that your toilet has adequate width space before purchasing.
- Fully skirted toilet bowls can restrict the valve inlet from being filled, preventing the water connection.
The bidet model is made from durable material, featuring a hose and brass valve fabricated from quality 304 rust-resistant stainless steel. The kit offers temperature control and a heated seat, smooth and easy to clean.
This model also features a self-cleaning device to safeguard personal hygiene. Convenient to use, especially for people who have mobility issues caused by arthritis, surgery, postpartum or other forms of injuries.
- Suitable for outdoor use
- Water pressure controls
- Overall product dimensions- 4.7” H x 2.76” D
- Overall Product Weight- 1.67 pounds
- Includes installation kit, allowing for quick and easy setup.
- Lead-proof hose
- Multiple pressure modes for better control
- Low-lead compliant
- Can be used for Sattaf Muslim shower, cloth diaper sprayer, or personal hygiene.
- Compatible for use with hanging or floating toilet bowls.
- Seat not included
- Water temperature cannot be regulated
Step into the world of convenience and style with this ground-breaking new line of toilet hygiene cleaners. It features the latest technology, leaving you feeling fresh and clean after using the bathroom.
- 3 in 1 high-quality steel nozzle that offers feminine, vortex, and posterior washes.
- Heated seat and regulated water temperature
- Slow closing lid
- Warm air for drying
- Hydro-Flush technology that thoroughly cleans the nozzle inside-out to ensure maximum hygiene
- Item weight- 15.82 pounds
- Overall product dimensions- 21 x 15.6 x 9 inches
- This bidet has an energy-saving mode that reduces the electricity used, making it environmentally friendly
- The product sports a pulsating massage technology alongside bubble infusion
- Innovative heating technology
- Comes with a powerful deodorizer
- It has a touchscreen side panel and a night light for use in the dark
- Lower water pressure than normal bidets
The BIO BIDET BB-600 is engineered for luxury. It has front and rear warm water cleanse options, cycling both streams for unmatched cleaning.
The model allows you to adjust water temperature, pressure, and stream positions. Activated with the touch of a button, the superb cleansing abilities are accompanied by a mild, warm air dry. The bidet is adjustable in up to three different settings.
- Item dimensions- LxWxH20.47 x 18.4 x 5.6 inches
- Soft closing seat
- Warm water cleaning for both front and rear
- Equipped with anti-bacterial material and massage features
- Dual nozzle for all-around cleaning
- Smart seating with streamlined comfort and heated seats that can be adjusted.
- Hands-free cleaning
- Discreetly closing seats
- Wide clean function
- Warm air drying function
- Eco-friendly with energy-saving mode to help you conserve electricity
- Adjustable water temperature
- Low water pressure
Enjoy the luxury of this recommended freshwater bidet converter kit in the comfort of your home. This easy-to-install model offers a more hygienic option compared to toilet paper.
- Item Dimensions- 17 x 3.4 x 9.5 inches
- Item Weight- 1.1 pounds
- Made from high-quality, rust-proof plastic.
- Easy to install with detailed instructions and no special tools required
- The dial is easily accessible for nozzle adjustment and instant pressure
- This product is non-electrical and can be used in outdoor bathrooms
- Nozzle retracts automatically after use.
- Environmentally friendly
- Hands-free cleaning
- Simple to use and suitable for children
- Water temperature is not regulated
- Drying system not included
Check out this ultra-slim bidet converter kit designed to be half as thick as a regular bidet.
- Dual nozzle for front and rear cleaning
- Non-electric; this product requires no electricity or batteries
- Item weight- 1.6 pounds
- Product dimensions- 13 x 2.8 x 7 inches
- Easy to install
- Chrome-plated control knobs for a user-convenient, more ergonomic experience
- Elegant style to match your bathroom design
- Self-cleaning nozzle sanitation
- Self retractable nozzle
- An adjustable nozzle guard gate for extra protection and convenience.
- Traditional plastic is swapped for ceramic and metal valves that can withstand high pressure
- Convenient for pregnant women, children, senior citizens, and hemorrhoid patients.
- Slow water pressure during hot water usage.
This product is a smartly designed bidet. It is adjustable to customer preferences and will fit your toilet bowl rim.
The bidet converter kit provides the ultimate cleansing experience with just the twist of a knob. The extending nozzle cleanses you, eliminating the need for toilet paper.
- Multiple nozzles for rear and feminine cleaning
- Adjustable temperature for a refreshing wash
- Dual self-cleaning, retractable nozzles
- Item weight- 1.5 pounds
- Product dimensions: 16 x 7 x 3 inches
- Installation does not require electric wiring
- This product is shipped along with the hardware required for installation.
- The genie bidet has an ambient water temperature spray.
- Quick and simple installation
- Does not fit French-curved toilet bowls
Why Aren’t Bidets Popular In America?
The demand for bidets is increasing. In 2019, sales for bidet converter kits were up almost 20 percent in America. Amid the Great Toilet Paper Shortage of 2020, it was reported that bidet sales “were soaring.”
Are Bidets Expensive?
Installing a standalone bidet in your bathroom could cost upward of a few thousand dollars. Meanwhile, a bidet convert kit ranges from $30 to a few hundred dollars.
How Can I Control Water Temperature And Pressure On A Bidet Converter Kit?
Water temperature and pressure are easy to control on a bidet. An electronic touchpad connected to the bidet seat lets you control the features with a simple button push.
What Are The Health Benefits Of A Bidet Converter Kit?
A bidet offers a cleaner bathroom experience and can wash away germs that can cause infections. Toilet paper does not provide the same protection.
How Hard Are Bidet Converter Kits To Install?
On average, it takes 30 minutes to set up a bidet converter kit. You do not need a plumber for this project.
Would It Be Inappropriate To Give Someone A Bidet Converter Kit For Christmas?
For environmentally-conscious friends, a bidet convert kit is a smart gift. Americans consume more than 34 million toilet paper rolls daily, which equates to 15 million trees. A bidet helps reduce toilet paper consumption.
Bidet Converter Kit Conclusion
If you are concerned about saving the planet and making eco-friendly lifestyle changes, consider putting a bidet converter kit on your toilet.
A bidet converter allows you to enjoy the cleaning benefits without installing a full bidet. All you do is attach the new bidet seat to your existing toilet, and you’re done.