While most entertaining may take place primarily inside of your home, there’s nothing quite like having an outdoor gathering outside. No matter the season of the year, there’s nothing like lighting a warm crackling fire in the evening as you gather around the patio with delicious food and amazing conversation. If you’ve always wanted to have an outdoor entertaining area, getting a patio set with a fire pit would definitely help get you started.
If you’re not sure where to start when it comes to purchasing a patio set with fire pit, we’ve gone ahead and listed some of the 5 best options below. Before diving into them, let’s get started by talking a little bit about some factors you need to consider before buying your patio set with fire pit.
How to Buy a Patio Set with Fire Pit?
The important thing to remember when buying a patio set with fire pit is that it usually comes in two primary sets – fire pit dining sets as well as fire pit conversation sets. The main difference between these two sets lies in both the table height as well as the seating capacity. You need to keep in mind how many people you’re planning on having over as well as the fuel type when considering which set you’d like to purchase.
You’ll want to make sure that you’re getting the most value when it comes to the patio set with fire pit that you’re purchasing. The last thing you’d want is to purchase something that’s overly expensive without getting the design, material, and quality you need. Some patio sets may also be a bit more expensive depending on the fire pit it comes with (for example a wood-burning fire pit versus a natural gas one).
Your patio set with fire pit should also be made with durable materials as the last thing you’d want is for everything to fall apart because of the weather and elements that it’s exposed to. Finally, you’ll need to take a look at the features. This means the fabric of the cushions (if there are cushions included), seating options, the type of chair features, fire pit fuel type, material, and all other accessories.
Tips to Buying Patio Furniture
Should You Buy Patio Furniture?
Are you on the fence about purchasing outdoor furniture? To help you in your decision-making process, we’ve outlined the pros and cons of owning outdoor furniture.
- It provides a comfortable outdoor gathering space.
- Outdoor furniture is perfect for those who want to entertain guests outdoors.
- The right pieces can add flair and sophistication to your outdoor space.
- Outdoor furniture can be expensive, especially if you want high quality.
- It also requires a degree of maintenance and care, such as weather protection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does outdoor furniture cost so much?
The number-one reason outdoor furniture costs so much is the quality. In order for outdoor furniture to withstand the weather and the passage of time, it needs to be built with top-notch materials and features, which cost the manufacturer more money.
How long should patio furniture last?
It depends on the quality of the furniture and how well you take care of it. High-quality furniture, when well-maintained, can last upwards of ten years.
How do you weatherproof outdoor furniture?
There are several ways you can weatherproof your outdoor furniture or otherwise protect it from the elements. Purchasing an umbrella or overall covering for your heavier furniture is a great idea; you may also purchase special oils that protect the finish on your wooden furniture.
What is the Best Time to Buy Patio Furniture?
It may be tempting to start purchasing your outdoor furniture as soon as the weather starts warming up, but is that really the best time? Many experts agree that it’s actually better to wait until after summer is over to start buying. There are a couple of reasons for this:
- The start of summer is when everyone else will be buying their outdoor furniture. The high demand will increase the likelihood of your order being delayed!
- Once summer comes to a close, what will manufacturers and retailers do with all the furniture they couldn’t sell? Put a huge discount on it!
Generally speaking, it’s best to shop for outdoor furniture between the months of August and October.
Who Has the Best Deals on Patio Furniture?
When it comes to patio furniture, where can you turn to find the best deals? We’ve shopped around for you and found that two names stand out for providing the best furniture at the best cost.
- Amazon: It should come as no surprise that Amazon has some of the best patio furniture deals available. With many quality furniture sets ranging from $200-$700, Amazon offers a great selection of styles, materials, and brands that you can enjoy regardless of your budget.
- Wayfair: The furniture lover’s dream come true, Wayfair boasts a rich collection of outdoor furniture sets that are sure to catch your eye. With many sets currently ranging from $140-$2000, you can find a set that checks all your boxes without breaking the bank.
What is the Best Quality Outdoor Furniture?
This depends on what you’re looking for in your furniture.
The number-one factor you should consider is the materials the furniture is made from. Opt for high-quality materials such as hardwoods, stainless steel, and acrylic fabrics. Also make sure that your furniture has been treated to be weather- and rust-proof!
Other factors include:
- Comfort – Will you and your loved ones be comfortable using the furniture?
- Design – Is the furniture designed to meet your needs? Is it attractive yet practical?
- Size – Will the furniture fit in the allotted space?
Tips for Buying Fire Pit
Should You Buy a Firepit?
Did you know that firepits are currently a trending landscape feature? To see if owning a firepit is right for you, check out our quick list of pros and cons!
- Firepits aren’t very expensive, especially if you go the DIY route or opt for a simpler pit.
- Having a firepit on your property can add value to your home.
- A firepit can facilitate cozy alone time or quality time with family, and makes hosting guests outdoors so much more enjoyable.
- Depending on where you live, there may be restrictions—or outright open burning bans—concerning your firepit.
- You must always be mindful of the best safety precautions, which may take away from your enjoyment of the product.
Top 5 Best Patio Sets with Fire Pit
We’ve taken the liberty of rounding up some of the best patio sets with fire pit and breaking down the details to help you choose one that will work for you.
This particular set comes with a propane gas fire pit table, six dining chairs along with cushions. The chairs come with a signature floral design and they’re made with cast aluminium frame to resist rust and weather conditions. It’s also powder coated so that it’s sturdier than normal conventional paint finishes. The table itself comes with a fire pit that’s lighted up by propane gas for those toasty winter nights.
This particular outdoor set also comes with sesame polyester cushions. This particular material is moisture resistant and will thus last for a longer period of time. This is a great set to add to any outdoor living space and will also last for a considerable period of time.
Antique bronze powder coating is tougher than conventional paint finishesView Deal
- Signature floral design and constructed with cast aluminium
- Sturdier than normal paint as its powder coated
- Comes with sesame polyester cushions
- The material of the cushions isn’t as weather resistant as some others
This patio set comes with a propane fire pit table, four swivel rocking club chairs, cushions, and even four throw pillows. If you’re looking to add a touch of luxury to your outdoor living area, this conversation set is the way to go. It comes with furniture that’s coated with aluminium and a durable Gilded Milan powder to weather the elements.
The round propane fire pit table also comes with black glass stones that can withstand heat. On top of that, you’ll also get swivel rocking club chairs that are decked out in Sunbrella weather resistant fabric along with cushions that have adjustable Velcro straps. The pillows help to add a touch of design with its taupe fringe and are also UV stabilized. Once you’ve got everything set up, all you need to do is push the ignition button on the pit table for easy lighting and to get the night started.
Gilded Milan powder coated aluminum stands up to the elements and protects against chipping, rain, wind and salt airView Deal
- Furniture is coated with a durable Gilded Milan powder
- Firepit table comes with black glass stones that can withstand heat
- Chairs are also decked out in weather-resistant material
- It’s a tad more expensive than some of the other patio sets
3. Darlee Nassau 5 Piece Cast Aluminum Patio Fire Pit Conversation Seating Set With 2 Swivel Rockers
If you’re looking for something that won’t break the bank, this is the perfect patio set to get you started. The set comes with a fire pit BBQ table, two club chairs, two swivel rockers, and cushions. It’s a four-person seating set that’s made with cast aluminium and also powder coated with an Antique Bronze finish to protect it from all sorts of weather conditions.
All seats also come with a curved basket weave, and the cushions are made with weather-resistant polyester material. The unique table also comes with an ice bucket insert to keep your drinks nice and cold. The fire pit also comes with a BBQ insert which you can use to cook meals on.
- Made with cast aluminium
- Not as expensive as some of the other patio sets
- Comes with an ice bucket insert and BBQ insert
- The material of the cushion isn’t as fade-proof or weather-resistant in comparison to other materials
This gorgeous set comes with a fire pit table along with four club chairs and cushions. It’s made with cast aluminium which is lighter in weight and coated with an antique bronze finish to make it both rust and weather resistant. The fire pit is a great addition to those cold winter nights and comes with a convenient door to hide the propane tank.
The cushions are also made with polyester material so that it’s moisture resistant and durable. They’re also of lovely design and will be a great addition to any outdoor space.
- Constructed with cast aluminium and coated with an antique bronze finish so that it’s both rust and weather-resistant
- The fire pit comes with a convenient door to hide the propane tank
- Cushions are made with moisture-resistant polyester material
- The warranty offered on this set is only for five years
If you’re looking to add just a bit of outdoor furniture to your outdoor space, then this three-piece set is perfect for you. It comes with a fire pit, two club chairs along with cushions. The club chairs are made with cast aluminium frames and sealed by a clear coat that helps in prolonging the life of the furniture.
The foam cushions are also enveloped with a Sunbrella fabric that is both fade-resistant, weather-resistant, and water-resistant. The 36-inch wood burning fire pit is made from durable steel and the chairs have an adjusted levelling on their feet to provide stability in uneven outdoor surfaces.
- Can be conveniently hung anywhere
- Completely cordless
- Has a portable and sleek design
- It’s a smaller patio set as it only comes with two chairs
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best time to buy a firepit?
If you’re planning to buy a firepit, the best times to start shopping are in the spring (as summertime products start hitting the shelves) and in the autumn (after the summer hustle, and as the weather turns cool). You can also benefit from holiday deals year-round; for example, you’re bound to find excellent deals over Labor Day Weekend and on Black Friday.
Who has the best deals on firepits?
There are two major contenders for the best firepit deals: Amazon and Wayfair.
- Amazon: When it comes to firepits, Amazon offers value at a great price! With many firepits ranging from $50-$375, you can purchase a quality firepit that meets your budget needs, looks great, and adds value to your everyday life.
- Wayfair: Are you willing to spend a little more? Then check out Wayfair’s vast collection of affordable, stylish, and practical firepits. Here you can find a variety of fantastic firepits, many of which fall into the $75-$2000 price range.
What is the best quality outdoor firepit?
In short, the best quality firepit is one that best fits your needs. Factors you need to consider include price, materials, portability, and what you’ll be using the firepit for. Stainless steel, aluminum, copper, and cast iron are some of the most popular materials for firepits, and for good reasons; these materials are rust-free and relatively low-maintenance, while still providing durability and style.
The Bottom Line
There you have it, some of the best patio set with fire pits that we’ve found. There are plenty of options to choose from in terms of features and what you feel would suit your needs best. There are many positives to investing in a patio set with a fire pit as there’s nothing quite like sitting outside with loved ones – especially when you’ve got a toasty fire to keep you warm.