A teal front door is an unexpectedly elegant and versatile option for homes with a variety of color schemes and styles. Teal front doors have become increasingly popular because of their bold but classic look. They allow a homeowner to express a unique look without being eccentric. A teal front door also promotes a sense of calmness and relaxation.
Whether you are looking to make a statement or just add some personal charm to your house, a teal front door is an excellent choice to enhance the curb appeal of your home.
Teal Front Door Meaning
Teal is a unique color that is made by combining blue and green, therefore, it contains the qualities of both colors. Because teal is such a balanced color, it works well as a front door color choice.
Teal combines the tranquility and mystery of blue with the optimism and balance of green. Teal also symbolizes rejuvenation and healing. In feng shui, teal is associated with the wood element. This element represents growth, vitality, and flexibility. Teal front doors present a welcoming and serene appearance to visitors. Because light teal colors represent protection in some cultures, teal front doors can be a powerful symbol of security.
Choosing a Teal Paint Color for Your Front Door
Teal is an amazingly versatile color depending on the combination of blue vs. green and the addition of light or dark shading. Whether you are looking for a teal that is bright and eye-catching like aquamarine or a moody dark shade like peacock, there is an ideal teal for you. Go through these steps to help you narrow down the wide variety of teal paint color options.
- Consider the Mood – The variations of the color teal create distinctly different moods. Light, bright teals have a quirky and off-beat style and represent a more energetic choice. Deep and rich dark teals have a more serene presence and represent a more classic vibe.
- Style of the House – Since teal can vary so dramatically in saturation and color mix, it can complement a variety of home styles. Brighter and more saturated teals often look best with modern, contemporary, or eclectic home styles. Teals with a significant amount of shading or dark teals will look best with traditional or classic-style homes.
- Surrounding Colors – The color environment surrounding the front door should impact your choice of a teal color. Consider the plants, flowers, colors of your house and the surrounding buildings when deciding on a teal shade.
- Consider the Lighting – The sunlight exposure of your front door can dramatically affect the way the color looks. The more natural light exposure the lighter the paint color will appear. Conversely, the more shade or shadow and the darker the paint color will appear.
Best Teal Front Door Colors
Whatever teal paint color you choose, be sure to test it before you invest the time and money into painting your front door. Paint the color on a sample board and view it throughout the day to make sure that it works in all different lights.
Light Teal Paint Colors for Front Doors
- Window Pane (6210) from Sherwin Williams – Window Pane is a barely there teal paint color that is striking on front doors and porch ceilings. It is a balanced combination of blue and green and looks best with bright white trim. It has an LRV of 72.
- Wythe Blue (HC-143) from Benjamin Moore – Wythe Blue from Benjamin Moore’s historic color collection. This is a blue that is energized with a touch of green. The gray undertones of this color keep it from looking too brilliant in sunlight. The blue or green cast of this color does change according to sunlight exposure. It has an LRV of 48.
Medium Teal Paint Colors for Front Doors
- Boca Raton Blue (711) from Benjamin Moore – Boca Raton Blue is a lighter mid-toned teal. It is energetic, but it has tints of gray to tone the brilliance of the color. It has an LRV of 34.
- Aegean Teal (2136-40) from Benjamin Moore – An Aegean Teal front door is a popular option for designers and homeowners alike. This mid-toned teal is well-balanced between blue and green. The addition of gray neutralizes the color’s vibrancy and gives it more depth and elegance. It has an LRV of 25.
Dark Teal Paint Colors for Front Doors
- Still Water (6223) from Sherwin Williams – This deep blue-green paint color is characterized by the strong presence of gray. This gray desaturates the color and gives it a strong cool undertone. It has an LRV of 10.
- Pacific Sea Teal (2049-10) from Benjamin Moore – Benjamin Moore describes this color as an almost black-green with just a hint of navy. This color combines the traditional shades of deep blue and green into one elegant color. It has an LRV of 6.
Teal Front Door Design Ideas
Take inspiration from ways that homeowners and designers have put teal to work on their front doors in a variety of color contexts and architectural styles.
Natural Textures with a Teal Front Door
The bright and vibrant teal shade on this front door complements the warm natural textures and contrasts with the simple style of the home.
Opulent Dark Teal Front Door
Dark but vibrant teal shades are effective on traditional homes. It is particularly stunning on this neoclassical white house in adding some spectacular color.
Teal Front Door with White Homes
A white-painted clapboard-style farmhouse is the ideal setting for creating contrast with this double front door in vivid teal.
Double Dutch Teal Front Door
This designer combines the classic look of a double Dutch front door with a mid-toned teal paint color. It creates a perfectly placed splash of color on this beige coastal cottage.
Teal Front Door with a Traditional Brick Home
The bright teal front door helps to balance the vibrant red shading in the brick wall cladding.