Did you know that you can easily achieve stereo channel separation with a soundbar? A soundbar is the simplest way to enhance the depth and bass to the low tier-sound that comes with a television and get the best results because most soundbars are built with multiple channels to provide the best quality results to your audio and video sound.
With the right soundbar, you won’t have to worry about home theater which is bulky and very expensive. A soundbar is a simple, slim (mostly rectangular) design that is filled with different speakers to add quality sound to your electronics.
With many soundbars in the market, choosing the best can be hard; but worry not because here are some tips to help you select the best soundbar!
Our 3 best soundbar you can buy right now
How to Choose a Soundbar
- Space: Before you choose a soundbar, you need to consider the space around your television -do you have a wide or small space? Most soundbars are versatile when it comes to installation and some come with an installation kit to help you easily mount your soundbar at the desired position.
- Arrangement or positioning: most people prefer to keep their soundbars under the television for the best results. But there are versatile soundbars that can be kept or installed at any point in the room such as the wall, beside or front of your TV and on the table or credenza.
- Size: Soundbar should be portable and not wider than the TV even though most soundbars have the same size but different height levels. The height should also be considered so as to fit in perfectly into your space.
- Quality and price: most people believe that the high the price the better the quality. This might be true or untrue depending on the product. But always go for a quality soundbar which will produce better sound and will fit into your budget.
- Read Reviews: before buying a particular brand of the soundbar, make sure to read reviews from people who have bought and are using the product. This will give you more knowledge about the product.
- Warranty: It is believed that a product with a high warranty span tends to last longer and keeps you safe and secure if the product gets faulty within the warranty period.
Advantages of a Soundbar
- Installation: The soundbars are very easy to install because you do not need more than one cable to connect to your television. You can easily install it yourself with a power source.
- Power: the soundbar provides better sound power compared to built-in speakers in our televisions which are made with a tiny layer of the sound system.
- Little or limited cables: Unlike the regular home theater, the soundbar needs fewer cables to function or be installed. With the innovative HDMI speakers, you will need less connection, and most have wireless connections options.
- Bluetooth or google voice assistance: most soundbars are equipped with Bluetooth or google voice assistance which makes listening to music from your phone, tablet, or any electrical device very easy and you can easily use your voice to change or control the volume level.
- Quality: with a soundbar, you get to enjoy quality sound and balance the frequencies like in the cinemas – deep bass, high, low, and medium frequency.
- Affordability: soundbars are cheaper and don’t eat deep into your budget, unlike the classic home theater which is very costly
Disadvantages of Soundbar
- TV sensor blockage: many people place their soundbar on the table which can block your TV remote sensor thereby making it hard to use the remote sensor.
- Some soundbars do not feature a remote which makes control of sound stressful.
- Not so great sounds: some soundbars have poor sounds and most don’t come with a front panel display which helps you know how high or low the volume is.
Attributes of a Soundbar
- Sound type: Soundbars have two types of sounds – passive and active sounds. A passive soundbar needs an amplifier to work because it does not feature a built-in power amp but produce better sounds while an Active soundbar has a built-in amplifier which channel processor that separates the speakers in the soundbar.
- Sound channel: this has to do with the source of sound which is all contained in one bar. There are five types of channel soundbar which are:
- Two-channel soundbar which includes just two speakers a- left and right.
- Three-channel soundbar which features three speakers- left, right and center.
- Five-channel soundbar which has five speakers- two rear speakers, left, right and center.
- Seven-channel features four surround and rear speakers with the left, right and center speakers.
- The Dolby atmos soundbar which a better version of five and seven-channel and produces the best soundbar results. Always choose a three or more speakers’ option.
- Connections: Soundbars comes with different connectivity alternatives. Some of them are HDMI ARC (audio return channel), Bluetooth, wireless, optical and USB ports, WiFi and auxiliary.
- Design: soundbars are designed to look attractive and classy so as to add beauty to your living room.
Top 5 Best Sound Bar Reviews
Experience the multi-dimensional cinematic audio, from the Samsung Harman Kardon Dolby Atmos Soundbar which is designed with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X to produce the best sound with quality bass effect to give you TV that cinematic sound.
This wireless soundbar is built with seventeen channel speakers which feature four upward speakers and two side speakers to give you the feeling of a movie theater right in your home. And the 7.1.4 rear wireless speaker kit produces an upward firing which enhances the sound in your movies and audio.
This soundbar isn’t made for just movie but also include a game mode setting which boost sound effects and gives you great gaming time. It also allows has a 4K pass-through option and an HDR10 for high definition audio and a Bluetooth option and other connectivity such as the Alexa voice control option.
Who should purchase this?
This innovative soundbar design is ideal for anyone who wishes to enhance his/her TV sound with an attractive soundbar.
- Remarkable audio sound with 4K pass-through and HDR10.
- Numerous connection alternatives with Alexa voice control and other smart control options.
- performance incredibly well at high volume.
- Dolby Atmos and 17 channels speakers for a great audio sound experience.
- Game sound setting.
- Portable and tiny interface screen with very wide modification.
The Sonos Playbar is a nine-speaker design that Is made to give your home an enormous wave of epic cinematic sound to your TV, movies, video games, and web. This soundbar gives you the best audio quality just like a home theater to ensure maximum sound outcomes.
The Sonos soundbar works with Alexa which allows you to play from wirelessly from your iTunes library, Internet radio, or podcast. And can also be controlled with the Sonos app or remote to produces the best dialogue and outstanding bass from any angle of the room.
This multidimensional bar can be mounted on the wall, or below your TV and can automatically tune itself. This soundbar connects your Television or gaming consoles through one optical cable and power cord. Effortlessly connect Sonos speakers in several areas of the house with the WiFi option.
Who should purchase this?
This soundbar is for game lovers and also for home video and audio use.
- Easy setup and integrated Sonos system
- One optical cord connection with the Alexa option.
- Nine speakers for quality sound; use a remote control or Sonos application.
- Place on the wall or under your TV for the best movies, games, or audio sound.
- Easy to use with clever modes.
- Not compatible with all TV brand
- Single input
The Bose Solo 5 TV soundbar is an individual sound system that enhances and produce remarkable and better sound to all your popular TV programs. This soundbar is engineered to assist the reproduction of dialogue to the detail clearly by simply using the dialogue mode.
This versatile soundbar can be mounted on the wall or simply place it under your TV. It also features a Bluetooth connection which enables you to play wireless music. This new technology soundbar is aimed at giving you a clearer audio sound that no TV can produce.
The soundbar can be easily connected by using the HDMI cable on your TV but if your television features an HDMI-ARC or HDMI- eARC simply use it for your connections. If your television does not feature an HDMI connection, simply use an optical cord and enjoy the best sound.
Who should purchase this?
This soundbar is ideal for people who want to enhance their tv sound and enjoy a cinematic sound
- Dialogue mode for the detailed sound of Every word.
- Bluetooth connection for easy streaming of music from your phone, tablets or any gadget
- Universal remote control
- Power cord, analog cable, and optical cable
- Easy to use and setup
- Not compatible with television wider than 24 inches.
The VIZIO 28 INCH 2.1 Soundbar is a perfect fit that is designed to boost the audio experience for your 42 inches + TV. This wireless sub-woofer produces a deep bass to keep your room filled with great sounds and the Bluetooth connection allows you to effortlessly stream audio from your phone, tablet or any mobile device.
This soundbar includes 2.1 strong speakers that are paired with an adaptable wireless sub-woofer which easily transforms your poor TV sound to a powerful bass giving you that cinematic feeling from the comfort of your home.
This soundbar features a Dolby and DTS TruSurround digital sound which enhances the audio and delivers realistic surround sound with a DTS TruVolume which allows you to set the volume to a comfortable level. It also includes a Bluetooth connection for easy streaming of music from your mobile device.
Who can purchase this?
This soundbar is ideal for anyone who desires to upgrade his/her TV sound with a loud sound system.
- Sleek and portable sound system design with a wireless sub-woofer which eliminates wire connections
- It includes a Dolby and DTS TruSurround audio technologies which deliver great sound.
- Less than one percent harmonic distortion and has a Bluetooth connection.
- Loud sound with great bass and delivers a 95dB sound level.
- It features a Coaxial Audio Cable, Stereo RCA to 3.5mm Audio Cable and Digital Optical Cable.
- Sound clarity is poor.
- Lacks output leveling.
The Nakamichi Shockwave Elite 7.2.4 SSE Dolby Atmos/DTS:X Surround System is a powerful soundbar that has 7 channels of object base 3D surround with sub-woofers that gives you a cinematic feeling at home without distortion.
The multidimensional 7.2-channel soundbar is configured with two sub-woofers that deliver excellent bass. It also features eight sub-woofers that integrate to create sweet sounds that can run on a high or low volume level and a dual surround effects, which is readied with a tweeter that simulates high frequencies with fascinating sound clarity with a full-range driver that delivers your surround with powerful and accurate sound effects.
Surround your home with up to 7.2.4 channels off Dolby Atmos or DTS:X audio that streams all around you and enjoy 106dB of powerful sound with refined connectivity which includes a pass-through Dolby Atmos, 4K UHD, HDR, HDCP 2.2 and HDMI, and a 52-key remote control.
Who can purchase this?
This powerful soundbar is a great choice for anyone who intends to boost the sound of this or her TV.
Experience a whole new level of surround performance with our exclusive Spatial Surround Elevation SSE Technology.View Deal
- Smart connection with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
- 7 channels and 14 wireless subwoofers which produce extraordinary sound.
- Two rear surround subwoofers with three advanced audios.
- 52 key blacklite remote with DSP settings and Bluetooth aptX for wireless and quality sound.
- 106dB delivers high bass sound.
- Arc paring is poor.
The Bottom Line
We all know that our modern televisions feature only a small layer of speakers which makes the volume of the TV very low. But a soundbar solves that problem and gives you the right bass and sound you desire from a movie, audio or game. Soundbars are portable and do not consume much space, some can be easily mounted on the wall.
Soundbars are attractive which adds style and class to your living room. With a soundbar, you don’t have to worry about wire connection, because most soundbars are wireless and feature a Bluetooth, google assistance or remote control to easily allow you to control your sound level.