I love having fresh flowers in the house especially during winter months to help brighten things up in our home. With February 14th just around the corner, why not put a spin on the predictable bouquet of flowers and celebrate this Valentine’s Day in style with a graphic and colorful flower wall? Fresh and faux flowers alike easily do the heavy lifting to create a gorgeous and heartfelt focal point in your home that is sure to spread the love this coming V-day!
- A large bouquet of a variety of flowers, berries and greens. Both fresh and faux flowers work great; I used a combination of both. Faux flowers will last longer, but fresh flowers are, well, fresh flowers. Need I say more?
- Painter’s tape
- Decorative washi tape
- Measuring tape (optional)
1. Begin by creating a large rough heart shape on the wall with painter’s tape in your chosen location. The heart I created is roughly 30″ x 30″, but feel free to make yours as large or small as you’d like for varied impact.
2. Trim all flower stems to between 2-5″ long. Tear 2″ strips of washi tape, and attach the flowers to the wall inside the heart shape you created in Step 1. Press washi tape down firmly to adhere. In an overall random looking fashion, begin with larger blooms and fill in subsequently with smaller flowers, berries and greens. Try to space like flowers and similar colored flowers apart to further the random pattern.
3. Continue filling in with smaller flowers, leaves, and berries until the heart is completely filled, and only 1-2″ of wall is visible between each flower.
4. Lastly, peel back and remove the painter’s tape completely being careful not to take down any flowers with it. Stand back and feel the love!