The Best Carpet Cleaners for Pets
The best carpet cleaners for pets vary in price, performance, and ease of use. High-end carpet cleaners for pets come with more features and higher performance. The right model depends on your needs and preferences. Each carpet cleaner has its perks and downsides.
Top Carpet Cleaners for Pets
Carpet cleaners are handy for pet owners looking to keep their homes clean. Carpet cleaners are available at different price points. Your budget is a key factor when making a purchase. Warranties, efficiency, and settings are also worth considering. Pick a carpet cleaner with a higher capacity and longer power cord if your budget allows it.
- Bissell SpotClean Pet Pro
- Hoover PowerDash GO
- Rug Doctor Pet Portable Spot Cleaner
- Bissell Pet Stain Eraser
- Tineco Carpet One
- Bissell Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner
1. Bissell SpotClean Pet Pro
The Bissell SpotClean Pet Pro is the best portable cleaner for pet stains. The hand-held attachment scrubs and suctions away any stain on carpets. It also cleans furniture, stairs, and car seats. The kit comes with a urine eliminator that clears unpleasant pet odors.
Because the machine is detachable, it’s easy for homeowners to clean and maintain it. At just 13 pounds, the cleaner is light enough to carry around the house. The cord is also long, making it convenient when spot-cleaning.
Why It Made the Cut: Despite its compact design, Bissell SpotClean Pet Pro has a large tank capacity and powerful suction.
- Includes several cleaning tools, such as a tough stain tool and a stain trapper tool.
- The model is reasonably priced.
- It’s multipurpose and leaves no mess behind after cleaning.
- You can carry it around when traveling with your pet. The Bissell SpotClean Pet Pro works well on all stains.
- The machine is loud. It may be too noisy if you aren’t using hearing protection gear.
- Bissel doesn’t come with a built-in heater. You’ll need to mix small amounts of hot water with the cleaning solution. It’s also best to work in small areas till the water gets cold.
2. Hoover PowerDash GO
Available on Amazon, Homedepot.
The Hoover PowerDash GO is an upright carpet cleaner for pets. Its design allows pet owners to get rid of stains on large areas and small area rugs as well. Equipped with HeatForce drying technology, the machine helps your carpet dry faster.
Hoover PowerDash GO features an antimicrobial brush roll for deep cleaning high-traffic areas. It also gets rid of unpleasant odors. The carpet cleaner weighs less than 13 pounds, so it’s easy to carry around. Its compact design also makes it take up less space.
Why It Made the Cut: Hoover PowerDash GO offers excellent performance even in large spaces. Yet, it’s lightweight and easy to use.
- Upright carpet cleaners are less strenuous on the back and knees.
- Easy assembly and use
- Compact and lightweight design
- Hoover PowerDash GO has a small tank capacity and a vacuum tank. It holds 0.5 gallons of water—much less than other Hoover models.
3. Rug Doctor Pet Portable Spot Cleaner
Rug Doctor is the best pet spot cleaner with a portable design. It clears stubborn stains and odors on various fabric types. You can use it to clean your carpet, upholstery, stairs, mattresses, and car interior. Aside from cleaning stains, the suction also eliminates loose pet hair from the surface.
The machine weighs 18 pounds. It’s a bit heavier than other portable cleaners. Nonetheless, it has an adjustable handle and wheels for easier transport.
Why It Made the Cut: Rug Doctor Pet Portable Spot Cleaner is versatile and effective. It removes stains from most household surfaces without damaging the fibers.
- Dual-action cleaner is effective in removing pet hairs from the carpet or seats
- Retractable wheels and handle make it easy to drag along
- Powerful suction allows for deep cleaning and removing old stains
- The dual water tank separates clean water from dirty water and holds 7239.29 cubic inches of water.
- The compact design makes it challenging to clean and refill the water tanks
4. Bissell Pet Stain Eraser
Bissell Pet Stain Eraser is the best handheld pet carpet cleaner. You can use it to suction pet stains, urine, liquid spills, and more from any surface. Thanks to its cordless design, you can use it in areas without a power connection.
The carpet cleaner is lightweight and portable at 4.6 pounds. It also comes with a ready-to-use cleaning solution, unlike other brands. Although the Bissel Pet Stain Eraser requires a lot of bending and effort to remove stains, it’s quite effective.
Why It Made the Cut: Bissell Pet Stain Eraser’s cordless design is convenient to use. You can eliminate stains in all areas of your house without limitations.
- The cleaner’s professional spot & stain + Oxy formula works without adding water
- Powered by a Lithium Ion battery
- Battery life is limited. The battery only lasts 30 minutes and needs four hours to charge fully.
5. Tineco Carpet One
Tineco Carpet One is the best steam carpet cleaner for pets. Its powerful suction removes dirt from car interiors, upholstery, and all carpeted areas. The cleaner uses an iLoop sensor to heat the water and control temperature.
When cleaning, an LED display shows you if the carpets are dirty or clean. The sensor turns green to alert you when the carpet is clean and free of odors. It also features a handheld cleaner for inaccessible areas in the room.
Why It Made the Cut: Tineco Carpet One uses technology to give the best results. The automated system makes it easy to clean the less visible stains and dirt from your carpet.
- The quick-drying feature comes in handy for pet owners who clean often
- It comes with a cleaning solution and a detachable hose
- Features four cleaning modes: Auto, Max, Accessory, and Dry
- Compact design
- The Tineco Carpet One cleaner features a small water tank. To clean large areas, you’d need several refills.
6. Bissell Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner
Bissell Big Green Professional is an ideal carpet cleaner for deep cleaning and removing pet stains. Its powerful 12 Amps suction contributes to its professional-grade cleaning. According to the manufacturer, Bissell professional cleaner outperforms America’s top rental cleaners.
The professional-grade cleaner has a capacity of 1.75 gallons. It holds two separate compartments for clean and dirty water. The machine also suctions excess water from the carpet, allowing it to dry faster.
Why It Made the Cut: Despite being the most expensive cleaner on this list, Bissell Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner is highly rated. It’s one of the top-rated carpet cleaners for pets on Amazon.
- The package includes BISSELL PRO MAX Clean with Protect Formula
- Its 25-inch power cord provides extra reach. It also features an adjustable handle
- XL DirtLifter PowerBrush and eight rows of bristles enable deep cleaning and stain removal
- The machine weighs 48 pounds, so it may be challenging to carry it around
Features to Look for in a Carpet Cleaner for Pets
A carpet cleaner with low noise levels, more settings, and accessories will cost more. While pricing determines the number of features, the right carpet cleaner depends on your needs.
You don’t need a high tank capacity for a small-sized home. High-end models clean more surface types, including carpets, area rugs, and upholstery. If your pet is shedding, pick a more powerful model.
The warranty terms vary depending on the brand. Make sure to read the warranty and know what could void it. Most brands offer a 2-year warranty. The warranty should guarantee optimal performance and cover manufacturer defects.
Settings & Ease of Use
Some carpet cleaners have one tank, while others have two. Those with two, one for water and the other for the cleaning solution, are more convenient. High-end models have antimicrobial pet tools.
You’ll also find carpet cleaners with automatic dispensers that add the cleaning agent to the water. Apart from carpets, some brands also clean wood and tiles. If you have a larger home, it’s best to pick a model with a longer power cord. Pick one with a hose if you’re looking to clean hard-to-reach areas.
Most carpet cleaners produce noise levels of about 80 dBA. Wearing noise protection helps prevent hearing loss. Pick one that guarantees protection of up to 90 dBA.
Vacuum Cleaner vs. Carpet Cleaner: What’s the Difference?
Vacuum cleaners eliminate dry debris, while carpet cleaners are ideal for stain removal. Carpet cleaners get rid of pet hair and mud. A vacuum cleaner blows out air on one end while the other sucks debris and dirt from the carpet.
Vacuum cleaners are ideal for everyday use and are effective at eliminating loose particles. Plus, you don’t need water or a cleaning agent to suction dirt or pet hair.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)FAQ
What’s the best carpet cleaning method for stains?
Steam cleaning, or hot water extraction, is the best way to clean stubborn stains. It uses hot water at high pressure to get through the carpet fibers.
What’s the best enzyme carpet cleaner for dog urine?
Proteases are ideal enzyme carpet cleaners for dog urine. Besides dog urine, they get rid of other protein-based soils such as beverages, food, blood, and feces.
What kills pet odor in a carpet?
Baking soda is a natural remedy that gets rid of pet odors from carpets. It’s a natural pet odor neutralizer. Sprinkle some amount on the affected area and let it sit for some hours. Next, vacuum-clean the areas to get rid of the baking soda.
Why Trust Homedit Reviews