Have you ever had a multifunctional wooden stand at home? If you’re not sure what I’m talking about, you might not be aware that it’s a master of it all. This DIY stand can serve as both breakfast tray and plant stand but I’m sure you would find many other functions for it. Without a doubt, it’s a great accessory to make and own!
Breakfast trays are lovely pieces, mainly because we all enjoy being spoiled from time to time. Spending lazy, morning hours in bed while having our favorite food is surely one of a kind experience but I don’t think many of us, can find time to do it every day. Having said that, in order to avoid storing your tray on top of your kitchen cabinets or in the basement, where it gets dusty, you can use it in a different way, for example as a plant stand. Simply place it on the floor with a plant on top of it. It will look great there until you need your breakfast tray again!
The project is really easy to make, and it does not involve drilling so if you like this idea, you can make it at home:
You will need:
- rectangular, wooden piece in your favorite finish and color
- 4 equal, round wooden legs
- strong, water resistant wood glue
Follow these instructions to make your own wooden stand:
1. First of all, make sure that all the elements are clean and dust free. If you wish you can paint the stand top or the legs in different colors, I prefer the neutral look.
2. Measure and make sure that the legs are distributed equally, with the same distance from the edges on each side.
3. Glue the legs to the wooden top and let it dry in a cool place for about half day.
Now your tray is ready so enjoy it’s multifunction!
How do you like it? Do you have any other ideas, how it could be used? I have two: I see it as a desk or laptop stand, useful when we want to work from bed.