How to Bring Masculine Details into your Home
If you have been looking around your house lately and wondering that the furniture and décor does not reflect your male sensibilities, it could be an ideal time for renovations. Masculine details in a house refer to clean and simple appearance, rich colors, strong designs, and absence of excessive detailing. In addition, masculine aesthetic appeals to both the sexes. A woman would equally feel relaxed in a well designed masculine house as what a man would feel.
1) Masculine color palette – Dark and rich color schemes such as brown, purple, black, deep blue, etc impart a masculine look to a room. However, it is not necessary to stick to the above mentioned colors only. Darker tones of all colors will look equally good. However, make sure that you pair dark colors with neutral flooring and walls to balance the décor and furnishings.
2) Natural materials – Organic materials, brick and wood, symbolize rustic elements and outdoors. With the use of these materials for flooring, furniture and exposed walls, you can easily introduce masculine details into your home. Less refined furniture with strong lines can also be used. For the exposed ceilings, make use of aged and structured surfaces.
3) Strong geometry – Horizontal and vertical lines are of no help to bring in masculine details. However, contemporary minimalistic interiors are very much masculine and work amazingly for houses that prefer having vision lines and open spaces. If you are using strong lines, assure that rest of the room is de cluttered so that the strong lines catch attention immediately.
4) Allow in light – Since masculine attributes tend to be rich and dark, absence of good light sources will make the space gloomy and dark. Use of light will bring a healthy glow to your room. Details will be showcased and the area will not appear heavy. For masculine details, consider using lots of artificial lightings.
5) Order – Order needs to be given utmost importance for the masculine look. Scattering cushions on the bed and having random pictures on the wall will not work here. Follow the geometry theme and arrange things in an orderly fashion in the room. For displaying collectibles and artwork, try grouping the items in three. This will allow you to maintain the order as well throw light on harmony and design.