Kohler walk-in tubs made for those suffering from mobility issues. The bathtubs have anti-slip features, making them safe for the elderly.
Kohler Walk-In Tubs
A Kohler walk-in tub is a safe bet for adults prone to slipping in the bathroom. However, the standard tubs aren’t wheelchair accessible.
Kohler’s Specialty tub is a walk-in tub shower combo with two seats. This walk-in tub is also wheelchair accessible. For easy access, bathers can slide in and out of the tub.
Kohler Walk-In Tub Features
- Dual handrails: Grab bars are handy for those who need help getting in and out of the tub. Handrails make it easier to get out of the tub without falling.
- Control panel: Customize the walk-in tub’s features to your liking. Its ergonomic design improves efficiency and comfort. Adjust the heated backrest or whirlpool jets. A control panel allows you to control the features or combine them for a complete spa experience.
- Wide door: The doors are wider than a standard tub. Its 20-inch wide door opening makes it easy to move in and out of the bathtub.
- Low threshold: A low step entry threshold makes the shower more accessible. The Kohler walk-in tub has one of the lowest step-ins on the market, measuring only 3 inches.
- Anti-slip flooring: The slip-resistant texture on the tub reduces slipping and falling.
Comfort Features & Customization Options
The Kohler walk-in tub isn’t only great at functionality but has some comfort features. Kohler tub doesn’t include some of these features. For this reason, adding the customization options will increase the final price. Kohler luxury features include:
- Ergonomic hand shower with three spray settings
- Heated seat with three adjustment positions to keep you warm
- 10 Hydrotherapy whirlpool jets for a soothing experience
- Bath depth of 39.5 inches
- Fast-drain technology to minimize waiting time
- An inward opening door for bathers with limited mobility
- 17 air bubble jets with three-speed ranges
Fast drain technology takes two minutes, depending on your home’s plumbing system. Kohler also allows buyers to pick a walk-in tub combined with a shower.
Kohler Walk-In Tub vs. Standard Bathtubs
Unlike standard bathtubs, the Kohler walk-in tub is much safer for senior citizens. You can take a bath without switching your sitting position. The Kohler walk-in tubs allow you to walk over a low threshold and sit inside the tub, reducing the possibility of slipping and falling.
While Kohler walk-in tubs are more expensive than their traditional counterparts, they feature several therapy options. You get to try out alternative forms of treatment like hydrotherapy and aromatherapy.
Walk-in tubs from Kohler are ideal for older adults who:
- Need a tub with a wider seating area
- Want to bathe independently without the risk of falls
- Need the therapeutic benefits of a walk-in tub
- Consider the aesthetics of the tub
Unlike traditional models, Kohler’s walk-in tub has more water depth. Senior citizens or disabled homeowners will not have to step over a high wall.
How Much Do Kohler Walk-In Tubs Cost?
The cost of a Kohler walk-in tub depends on some factors. Your bathroom’s set-up, the tub’s size, design, and luxury features will impact the final cost.
Kohler doesn’t have an exact price for its walk-in tub. Your home’s layout, plumbing, and electrical work are also worth considering. You can consult with a sales representative from Kohler to get an estimate.
With KOHLER’s Price Promise, you can get a quote that gives you a transparent account of the total cost. The quote includes installation, delivery, customization options, and more. Kohler and American Standard offer financing options to their potential customers.
Kohler Walk-In Tub’s Financing Options
Consult with one of Kohler’s authorized dealers to help you with the application. While the financing options vary, some allow you to make zero payments for 18 months. You need to review the fine print to avoid hidden fees.
Warranty & Installation Guidelines
The Kohler walk-in tub comes with a lifetime limited warranty. The brand guarantees that it’s free from defects. Kohler warrants the KOHLER® Belay Walk-in tub as long as the original buyer owns their house.
You need to install the tub using a KOHLER Authorized Dealer. The brand covers Belay Walk-in Baths only in the US and Canada. When placing the order, the buyer pays for installation.
Installing a Kohler walk-in tub takes no longer than one day. It depends on the plumbing work and bathroom size. Kohler’s walk-in tub fits your current tub’s footprint, reducing the need for modifications.
Pros and Cons of Kohler Walk-In Tubs
- Extra-wide inward door for easy opening and closing from inside the bath
- It fits in your bathroom’s tub footprint
- Its fast fill and drain technology cuts long wait times
- Has the lowest step-in compared to other walk-in tub brands
- BubbleMassage™ air jets for luxurious hydrotherapy sessions
- The model is available in several designs
- Aromatherapy and chromotherapy features
- Lifetime limited warranty
- Only the Specialty tub is wheelchair accessible
- Only one model is available
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)FAQ
Should I hire a plumber to install my Kohler Walk-In Bath?
You don’t need to hire a plumber to install your Kohler walk-in tub. Once you buy the walk-in tub, Kohler assigns you an authorized dealer. They’re trained to dismantle your old bathtub and install the new walk-in bath.
Does Medicare cover Kohler Walk-In tubs?
Medicare does not cover walk-in bathtubs. The program applies to products classified as “durable medical equipment,” such as durable devices used at home by a doctor.
How long does it take to drain a KOHLER® Walk-In Bath?
The fast-draining tub empties in four minutes or less. While you will still have to let the tub drain before getting out, the wait time is minimal. You’ll not have to sit and wait as long as you would with a standard tub.
Kohler Tub Conclusion
With a few inches of step entry threshold, getting in and out of a new walk-in tub is simple. Kohler walk-in tubs feature hydrotherapy features such as therapeutic air and whirlpool jets.
The systems can relieve aches and pains by combining heat, buoyancy, and massage. Kohler walk-in tubs lower the risk of slips and falls. If you’re an older adult who wants to bathe without any help, you should consider buying one.