American Standard is a reputable walk-in tub manufacturer. If you’re prone to falls or suffering from limited mobility, consider an American Standard walk-in tub.
What Is An American Standard Walk-In Tub?
American Standard walk-in tubs offer safety features that traditional tubs do not have. The specialized tubs provide a spa experience with built-in air and water jets. With over a century of experience in the plumbing industry, the brand has developed multiple walk-in tubs.
American Standard or Kohler walk-in tubs provide additional space to move around in and built-in chairs so you can remain seated while bathing. Installation expenses and models are reasonably priced.
Types of American Standard Walk-In Tubs
American Standard manufactures four walk-in tubs.
Whirlpool tubs, like air baths, use air jets to create a jacuzzi effect. A hydrotherapy tub has high-powered water jets that soothe muscles and joints. The tubs are ideal for those suffering from arthritis or joint pain.
Price range: $5,500-$10,500
Air tubs have jets that circulate bathwater. The water jets can be adjusted according to your needs. Air tubs are popular among the elderly suffering from body and joint pain and who also want to enjoy mild hydrotherapy.
Price range: $5,500-$10,500
Combo Massage Tub
The combo tub delivers a thorough massage experience by combining both air and water jets. The settings can be calibrated independently.
The model has a heated seat and built-in lights for chromotherapy.
A soaking tub is similar to a walk-in tub, but deeper and also has a reclining seat.
American Standard Walk-In Tub Features
The American Standard walk-in tub has unique features that make it stand out among traditional bathtubs.
Standard Safety Features
- Outward-opening, leak-proof door
- Built-in seat
- A low 3-inch threshold to make moving in and out of the tub easy
- Textured anti-slip floor
- Built-in grab bar to support a senior citizen or homeowners with mobility issues
- Wide and wheelchair accessible
- ADA compliant seat
- One-touch control panel
Customizable (Luxury) Options
- Handheld shower
- Quick drain technology
- Built-in lights for chromotherapy
- 44 air and water jets for hydrotherapy
- Built-in aromatherapy
American Standard walk-in bathtubs have acrylic or gel coatings. Gel-coat finishing is cheaper and thinner than acrylic. Gel coatings crack and stain. Acrylic is more durable and easier to maintain, but also has a higher price tag.
Gel coat tubs are prone to mold and bacterial build-up. They require more maintenance than acrylic walk-in tubs.
American Standard Walk-In Tub: Purchasing And Installation
There are three ways you can buy an American Standard walk-in bathtub. You can order directly from the company’s website, buy from retailers, or online from the manufacturer.
Installation is easy. Here are a few useful buying tips:
- Consult with a representative. It would help avoid unnecessary repair costs or mishaps that would make your tub malfunction.
- Buy straight from the manufacturer so you can secure the warranty. Buying from the manufacturer gives you access to financing options. When ordering from a retailer make sure installation is included in the price. An authorized dealer should help you secure a warranty.
- Work with professionals. Installing a walk-in tub requires retrofitting and extra plumbing.
American Standard Walk-In Tub Cost
American Standard walk-in tubs cost between $5,000 and $11,500 and include a lifetime warranty. If you buy from the manufacturer 12 months of zero percent financing is available.
American Standard Walk-In Tubs: Pros And Cons
- Lifetime warranty: Covers labor and installation
- Quick drain technology empties your tub in less than two minutes.
- Free quote and in-person assessment. Before making a purchase, you’ll know if the tub would suit your bathroom.
- Slip-resistant floor
- Two coating options
- Therapeutic jets plus 44 air water jets
- User-friendly controls
- In-home evaluation is necessary to determine the tub’s price.
- Shipping fees are nonrefundable when making returns.
American Standard Conclusion
Walk-in tubs aren’t cheap, but they’re worth it. American Standard, like Kohler, is a noteworthy brand. The company’s tub models cost more than an average bathtub because they feature safety features and luxury options.
The tubs are popular due to the lifetime warranty that comes with each model. American Standard walk-in tubs adhere to ADA standards and are well worth the price.