The Best Carpet Brands
Finding the best carpet brands can be tedious for a first-time shopper. The best carpet brands sell carpets of different grades. Some specialize in high-end carpets, while others sell mid-range options.
Top Carpet Brands
Top carpet brands use the best materials to manufacture residential carpets. The carpets vary in durability, cost, warranties, and types.
Doma is a flooring company with retailers all over the U.S. The company offers carpets in various colors, patterns, and textures. Doma offers 34 carpet types in 300+ designs.
You can choose neutral colors like beige and brown or bold color tones and patterns. The company’s best-seller, Wimbledon, comes from 100% wool made in the U.S.
Why It Made the Cut: Doma offers high-quality natural fiber carpets which are low-VOC.
- Price Range: $5.29- $11.51 per square foot
- Carpet Materials: 100% wool, wool blends
- Durability: Wool carpets are the most durable option. They also have very soft textures.
- Care: Vacuuming
- Carpet Types: Berber, looped, cut pile
2. Proximity Mills
Proximity Mills offers 22 collections of nylon 6,6 carpets. Nylon is the most resilient and durable synthetic fiber today. Because nylon 6,6 readily accepts dyes, many colors are available. Proximity Mills sells white, brown, beige, tan, green, blue, and gold carpets.
While Proximity Mils doesn’t sell to homeowners, their carpets are available from trusted retailers. The carpets are treated for stain resistance and have a CRI Green Label Plus rating.
Why It Made the Cut: The company offers the best nylon carpet types at affordable prices.
- Price Range: $5.42- $7.41 per square foot
- Carpet Materials: Nylon 6,6
- Durability: Nylon withstands years of heavy foot traffic without wearing. Proximity Mills offers a 20-year warranty on its flooring products.
- Care: Vacuuming, steam cleaning
- Carpet Types: cut and loop, cut pile, looped, tip shear
3. Karastan Rugs & Carpets
Karastan is a top carpet brand owned by Mohawk Industries. The company offers high-end carpets in beautiful colors and styles. Their collection features commercial carpets, area rugs, and wall-to-wall carpets.
Karastan carpets consist of nylon, wool, wool blend, and SmartStrand (triexta) fibers. Depending on your theme, you can choose from their classic, casual, or modern collections.
Why It Made the Cut: Karastan sells the best high-end carpet types. The brand guarantees its quality with comprehensive warranties for each carpet.
- Price Range: $3- $9 per square foot
- Carpet Materials: nylon, wool, wool blend, triexta
- Durability: Nylon and triexta are the best synthetic materials. New Zealand wool is the best quality in the world.
- Care: Vacuuming, spot cleaning
- Carpet Types: Loop, pattern, texture
Fabrica is a leading carpet brand in Southern California. Founded in 1974, the company has received several awards for producing high-quality carpets. Fabrica offers warranties for stain and soil resistance, texture retention, and abrasive wear.
Fabrica’s product list ranges from custom area rugs to hand-tufted rugs and broadloom carpets. Fabrica utilizes alternative energy sources and recycles waste from production.
Why It Made the Cut: Fabrica uses sustainable means to produce carpets. The company implements best practices for waste management and pollution prevention.
- Price Range: $6 -$24 per square foot
- Carpet Materials: nylon, 100% wool, and wool blends.
- Durability: Fabrica uses the best technology and materials to produce carpets. They guarantee all products with comprehensive warranties.
- Care: Vacuuming, dry extraction
- Carpet Types: cut loop, loop
Paradiso Flooring offers the best luxury carpeting in the U.S. Their product catalog includes 54 carpet types, most of them handmade. Paradiso carpets come in various colors, including brown, tan, gray, blue, gold, and more.
Paradiso also uses sustainable materials for its carpets. The company’s wool and wool blend carpets are CRI Green Label Plus-certified as low in VOCs.
Why It Made the Cut: Paradiso carpets are hand woven and made from the best fibers in the carpet industry.
- Price Range: $6.22- $17.19 per square foot
- Carpet Materials: 100% wool, poly silk, polypropylene, and wool blends
- Durability: Wool is a durable and soft carpet fiber, which makes it a top choice for luxury flooring. Most Paradiso residential carpets have a limited lifetime warranty.
- Care: Vacuuming
- Carpet Types: Flat weave, loop, cut loop, cut pile, looped pattern
Tuftex offers Classic, Maker, and Pet Perfect™ carpets. The Classic collection is cheaper and comes in simple designs. Maker carpets are more luxurious and expensive. Pet Perfect™ is a carpet collection suitable for homeowners with pets.
The website offers a wide range of carpet colors and designs. You can also upload a photo of a carpet color you’d like from the collection.
Why It Made the Cut: Anderson Tuftex makes carpets in many textures and patterns. They also offer pet-friendly carpet options.
- Price Range: $3.19- $18.29 per square foot
- Carpet Materials: 100% nylon
- Durability: While Tuftex carpets are pricier than other nylon brands, they’re durable. Tuftex offers extended warranties on carpets.
- Care: Vacuuming
- Carpet Types: loop, cut pile
7. LifeProof Carpet
LifeProof Carpet is a product of Mohawk Industries. The carpets consist of BCF nylon, polyester, or triexta. BCF (Bulked Continuous Filament) is a single-strand fiber, which makes a carpet shed less.
LifeProof carpets are also stain and wear-resistant. They’re only available at Home Depot, which provides free installation.
Why It Made the Cut: LifeProof carpets are among the best-rated carpets on Home Depot. They’re available in over 100 designs.
- Price Range: $2- $10 per square foot
- Carpet Materials: Triexta, nylon, polyester
- Durability: LifeProof carpet materials are very durable. HomeDepot offers warranties for each carpet category.
- Care: Vacuuming, hot water extraction
- Carpet Types: twist, loop, pattern, plush
8. Shaw Floors
Shaw Floors offers a wide range of budget-friendly carpets. They have a variety to choose from, including a pet-friendly category. Despite using cost-effective materials, Shaw Floors doesn’t compromise on carpet quality.
The carpets contain nylon, polyester, and Anso® Nylon fibers. They have built-in soil and stain resistance. Shaw carpets also have three backings to choose from. They’re a good option for homeowners who want good quality carpets at fair price points.
Why It Made the Cut: Shaw provides over 300 carpet styles. The website features a color visualizer and space planner to help pick the right carpet.
- Price Range: $1.5- $12
- Carpet Materials: nylon, polyester, and Anso® Nylon
- Durability: Nylon carpets offer better durability than polyester. Polyester is ideal for medium and low-traffic areas.
- Care: Vacuuming, professional cleaning
- Carpet Types: pattern, loop, twist
Newton makes carpets from recycled materials. They’re not only sustainable but also cost-effective. The brand boasts over 150 carpet products in different colors and textures. Most Newton carpets contain stain-resistant polyester, with the rest having nylon yarn.
Newton carpets are low-VOC, so they don’t emit harmful chemicals into the room. The carpets are also recyclable and made into new products.
Why It Made the Cut: Newton carpets have a reasonable price range. They’re made from recyclable materials.
- Price Range: $2- $7 per square foot
- Carpet Materials: Nylon 6,6, solution-dyed polyester
- Durability: Nylon and solution-dyed polyester are stain-resistant. Both materials are also resistant to fading when exposed to sunlight.
- Care: Vacuuming
- Carpet Types: loop, cut loop, tufted, woven, frieze twist
Phenix sells residential and commercial carpeting with nylon and P.E.T fibers. The company uses ColorSense Technology which makes the carpets attain a natural-like appearance. Carpets from Phenix use Microban® protection technology to prevent bacteria, mildew, and mold growth. It’s an excellent choice for allergy sufferers and kids.
Phenix nylon carpet, FloorEver Pet Plus, is a pet-friendly carpet collection. It has soil and stain-resistant properties. It’s also hard-wearing in traffic areas. Phenix’s SureSoftSD™ carpets are made from polyester, which gives them a softer texture.
Why It Made the Cut: Phenix carpets suit all households. Homeowners can find carpets for all rooms and uses from their vast collection.
- Price Range: $1- $5 per square foot
- Carpet Materials: Solution-dyed nylon, polyester
- Durability: Nylon carpets offer more durability than polyester. But they come at a higher price.
- Care: Vacuuming, professional cleaning
- Carpet Types: Pattern, loop
Lowe’s StainMaster carpets are split into three categories: PetProtect, Active Family, TruSoft, and Essentials. Though the brand no longer makes carpets from original nylon 6,6, they’re still soil and stain-resistant. They also sell at fair price points.
PetProtect is made for homeowners with pets. Active Family and TruSoft are soft to feel and comfortable underfoot. All StainMaster carpets feature a 25-year warranty for texture retention. The warranty also covers fade resistance and abrasive wear.
Why It Made the Cut: StainMaster is the best carpet brand for stain-resistant carpeting. They’re available in different carpet piles and styles.
- Price Range: $1- $8 per square foot
- Carpet Materials: Polyester
- Durability: Polyester carpets are popular for their soft texture. They’re durable in low-traffic areas like bedrooms and guest rooms.
- Care: Professional cleaning
- Carpet Types: Berber, level loop, multi-level loop, patterned, textured
12. Dream Weaver
Engineered Floors manufacture Dream Weaver carpets. Their residential carpets, DW Select, come in beige, brown, gray, ivory, and taupe. Dream Weaver carpets are solution dyed. The process is more energy efficient and makes the carpet stain-resistant.
The company guarantees its PureColor® coating with a limited lifetime warranty. The warranty also applies to pet stains and fading.
Why It Made the Cut: Dream Weaver focuses on making budget-friendly carpets for every household. Their carpets are also low VOC, which creates a healthier indoor environment.
- Price Range: $1- $2.5
- Carpet Materials: Solution-dyed polyester, nylon
- Durability: Nylon carpets hold up well in high foot traffic. Polyester is a good carpet fiber for low-traffic areas.
- Care: Vacuuming
- Carpet Types: Twist, loop, texture, pattern
What to Consider When Choosing a Carpet Brand
Standard carpet fibers include polyester, nylon, wool, olefin, and triexta. Choosing the right carpet fiber increases the longevity of your carpet. Each carpet has its perks and downsides. Although nylon carpets are more resilient, they’re less comfortable than polyester.
Choose a carpet fiber depending on the traffic and moisture levels of the room. Homeowners should also consider their pets and kids when choosing a carpet. Best carpet brands offer carpets that are stain and soil-resistant.
Carpet Pile Density
Carpet pile density defines how close each carpet fiber is per square yard. Higher pile densities often result in better carper performance. A carpet density of 5,000 and higher is recommended for heavy foot traffic areas.
Aside from comfort and insulation, carpets also add aesthetic appeal to a room. Carpets feature figural, geometric, and curvilinear designs. Using these pattern designs, manufacturers blend different colors in a carpet. It’s best to ask for carpet samples of each color and design you’re considering for your home.
Choose a carpet that’s easy to maintain. You want to avoid high piles and high-end carpets for kids’ rooms and pets. Before buying a carpet, ask the salesperson about its cleaning and maintenance needs. Also, check if the manufacturer recommends any special tools and equipment for cleaning.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)FAQ
Which is the best carpet texture?
Plush carpets have a soft feel and are comfortable underfoot. They’re the best carpets for family rooms and bedrooms. They stand up to wear, especially in nylon and wool fibers.
How can you tell the quality of a carpet?
To determine carpet quality, you must check the face weight, density, and twist. Carpet fiber and backing also contribute to the carpet quality. Details on the quality of a carpet are often indicated on the backing.
How often should you replace a carpet?
Carpets last for 5- 15 years, depending on the carpet fiber. Wool carpets need less replacement since they’re more durable. Nylon carpets are also resilient and cost-effective. If your carpet has visible damage or stains, it’s time to replace it.
How much does it cost to install a carpet?
The average cost of a carpet is $1- $12 per square foot. Professional installation costs $0.5 -$6 per square foot. It’s worth noting that some retailers offer free installation with purchase.
The best carpet brands offer premium quality carpets at competitive rates. When buying a carpet, choosing a reputable carpeting company is crucial. Top carpet brands sell natural or synthetic fiber options with many exciting patterns. Make sure to find a carpet company with a warranty that guarantees quality and longevity.