Drum chandeliers are, as you’ve guessed it, hanging lamps that typically have a drum-like shape. They are recognized particularly because of this design feature, but also because they branch into a multitude of lightbulbs. Chandeliers are a great option for people who want to make their rooms look different than anybody else’s, so today we’re going to explore this world and what it has to offer.
Pendant vs. Chandelier
You will often hear the terms of pendant and chandelier used interchangeably, but they are actually two different types of fixtures. While it’s true that at a glance, these may seem very similar, there are a few features that set them apart from one another, so let’s quickly review the main differences between a pendant and a chandelier:
- As opposed to a chandelier that can support multiple bulbs, a pendant only has a single lightbulb. This, of course, leads to a series of other characteristics and uses for each type of product.
- Because a pendant only has one light bulb, it’s typically used as a secondary light for a specific part of the room. For example, you are more likely to find a pendant above a kitchen counter rather than as a single light source in the middle of the dining room ceiling. Some people choose to install multiple pendants to light up a certain area. Chandeliers, on the other hand, can be a standalone light source because the multiple lightbulbs have the capacity to light up an entire room.
- A chandelier is typically considered a more elegant choice that can often be found in rooms such as a living room, a dining room, or a bedroom. You are more likely to find a chandelier in a fancy hotel room than a pendant. Pendants, on the other hand, are also placed in kitchens, offices, pubs, clubs, etc.
Benefits of Having a Drum Chandelier
As you know, different types of light fixtures will offer a series of advantages when placed in a particular room. Drum chandeliers are no strangers to benefits brought inside a home, so let’s go over some of the ones that are most important to homeowners:
- As we’ve mentioned before, a chandelier has multiple light fixtures attached to it, which means that it is perfectly capable of lighting up an entire room without the need for an additional light source. The drum chandelier you choose will, of course, have to match the size of the room. For instance, you can’t expect to add a single drum chandelier with three lightbulbs to a very large room, just like there’s no point in having a chandelier with eight lights in a small bedroom.
- Drum chandeliers are available in literally any style you want, from rustic to luxury. They can also be bought in multiple sizes, which is important considering that not all rooms inside a house are of the same size. In other words, you can have almost any style of interior decoration and even so, you are likely to find a drum chandelier that matches your setup.
- A drum chandelier can typically add elegance inside any room it’s placed in. In fact, one of the main reasons why people choose chandeliers over pendants is the elegance factor itself. When you’re looking to spruce up a room and give it a more luxurious vibe, a chandelier is definitely the best option.
Top 10 Best Drum Chandeliers To Choose From
The first product on today’s list? The lovely Flores drum chandelier, of course! Made entirely from metal and with a bronze finish, this is more than just a lighting source: it is a masterful decorative piece. It goes really well with home glam accents and mirrored furniture, while its circle-like pattern is definitely an eye-catcher.
As for the actual specifications, we’re talking about a drum chandelier with 12 candle-style lights, none of which are dimmable. It goes well when hung from an 8 or 9-foot ceiling. Overall, the chandelier measures 38” H x 23” W x 23” D, with the canopy alone measuring 5” W x 5” D.
It’s not the Hermione you know from Harry Potter, but rather a beautiful (almost romantic) chandelier that’s perfect for a bedroom. It is designed to spread diffuse light through its shade that is adorned with glittering crystals, creating stunning visuals not only when the lights are on, but also when the sun shines through the window.
It is equipped with a total of five candle-style lights, but the bulbs are not included with your purchase. The fixture is made from metal, measuring 15.25” H x 26” W x 26” D in total. The beautiful Hermione chandelier is UL- and cUL- listed, and the lights are dimmable. It goes really well in rooms that are 8 feet in height.
The Bowe chandelier is yet another amazing piece that we absolutely had to add to our list of recommended products. It is designed with an antique finish that fits perfectly into a multitude of decors, being capable of serving as a standalone light source in multiple rooms inside the house.
It has a total of six incandescent lights that are connected to the metal fixture. While the chandelier comes with canopy and down rod, it doesn’t include the bulbs as well. The chain can be adjusted so that the chandelier hangs as low or as high as you need it to. Overall, the fixture measures 29” H x 25” W x 25” D and it’s available in a silver or a gold finish.
The Wightman chandelier is basically a decor statement that can find its way into multiple setups, especially in contemporary houses focused on shiny elements and minimalist design. Its intricate geometrical pattern makes this chandelier an art piece, as the overlapping rectangles provide clear lines with a beautiful golden finish.
You have the option to select between a chandelier with either five or eight candle-style lights but none of the bulbs are available with your purchase. The lights are dimmable and the shades are included. The fixture is compatible with 60 W candelabra-base bulbs, while the overall fixture measures 35.5” W x 35.5” D (for the right-light version of the chandelier).
Next up, we have the Wadlington drum chandelier. The product is a mixture of classic and contemporary elements, with a simple, yet reliable design that’s surely a good buy for people who are interested in quality and ease of combination with certain house decor elements.
The chandelier operated a total of five lights which are dimmable. You will have to purchase them separately since they are not included with the chandelier. Overall, the fixture measures 20.75” H x 22” W x 22” D while the shade is 8” H x 22” W.
The Farah drum chandelier has a design that looks a bit different from the other products we’ve looked at today. It’s shaped like a cake bowl and it’s made with rather unexpected elements of rope and natural beads. In fact, the entire shade is made from them, which gives the chandelier a unique and romantic glow.
It is perfect for rustic setups where rope elements are always welcome. It comes with a total of three lights, all of which are LEDs and included with the purchase of the chandelier. The fixture measures 19” H x 18.5” W x 18.5” D, with the canopy itself measuring in at 1” H x 5” W x 5” D. While we absolutely adore the looks that bring forth metal and rope, we feel that the chandelier isn’t powerful enough for large rooms, but would look perfect inside a small bedroom and maybe even a bathroom.
Rustic and industrial-decorated homes, beware! The Kingsley drum chandelier is here and it is something that you want to have ASAP. Unlike other drum chandeliers, this one comes closer to a pendant because the four lights that fit in here might not be all that strong to provide you with more juice. However, it can still do a great job as a standalone chandelier in smaller rooms. It would work really well hanging above kitchen counter, entryways, or staircases.
Measuring 18.25” H x 21.62” W x 21.62” D, this metal chandelier can be connected to a dimmable switch to grant you control over the light intensity and the ambiance in the room.
The Cece drum chandelier is the kind of product that’s so beautifully designed, words are hardly enough to describe it. It is the type of focal piece that catches one’s attention the minute they step into the room because all the elements are perfectly combined together. One would argue this is a fairy tale chandelier. It is made from metal and it combines a beautiful antique gold finish with Bohemian crystal drops that simply add to the magic of the product even further.
It has a total of five lights that do a good job of lighting up a small to medium room, provided that you buy the bulbs separately. The chandelier is compatible with a dimmer switch for more diffuse lighting. The fixture measures 20.25” H x 20.5” W x 20.5” D and, I must say, I love everything about it.
When putting together this list and trying to find the best drum chandelier, we try really hard not to play favorites. However, I must confess that I fell in love with the Aicha chandelier because it looks absolutely staggering. It’s as if someone made a chandelier from thin wooden branches intertwined to create playful patterns and then covered everything with golden paint to give it a luxurious look.
The Aicha drum chandelier will give you eight bulbs-worth of power that are all capable of lighting up an entire room without the need for additional light sources. However, the bulbs have to be purchased separately. The fixture itself is made from metal and has a beautiful golden finish that screams opulence, even if the price is more than decent. The fixture measures 9” H x 22” W x 22” D, with the canopy measuring 1” H x 4” W x 4” D.
The last item on today’s list is a drum chandelier with a steampunk design that’s perfect for modern apartment studios, but also for homeowners that just love that black metal vibe. This industrial-style chandelier has metallic tone finish and light radiates through the mesh-like shade that goes well with furniture such as leather sofas or rustic wooden tables.
It gives you light through a number of eight bulbs that are not included with the purchase. The fixture measures 24.5” H x 30” W x 30” D, while the shade is 10” H x 29.5” W x 29.5” D in dimensions. The chandelier is compatible with a dimmer switch, giving you more control over the light intensity and helping you achieve that desired ambiance that makes every moment spent at home relaxing and magical.
Drum chandeliers are a great addition to homes that can use these exceptional light sources. Designed to be different compared to a drum pendant, a chandelier is a focal point designed to house multiple lightbulbs and act as a single source of light, without the need for secondary ones. Aside from the many other benefits provided, a drum chandelier is available in a wide variety of styles and sizes, so the odds of finding a product to your liking are extremely high.