Many people have a busy lifestyle; therefore, they don’t have time to clean their homes properly with the right tools. When you have little jobs to do, an ideal vacuum is usually large, but a dust buster is perfect for cleaning debris around the house, car or after pets with ease due to their maneuverability.
Most dust busters are portable, lightweight, easy to use and useful in capturing bacteria and viruses.
With the different designs and brands in the market, choosing the best dust buster can be difficult. You need to consider some characteristics that make a dust buster a good one such as features, advantages, and attributes of a good dust buster. Here are some ideas to help you select the best dust buster.
How to choose the best dust buster
- Identify your need, that is, where you intend to clean with the dust buster – cars, pet hairs, sofas or debris on the chair and hardwood.
- Consider the size of the machine because you tend to do a lot of cleaning which might take hours and a bulky dust buster could lead to soreness in the hands. A portable dust buster can also be used to clean a larger space.
- Most dust buster works with rechargeable batteries, so the battery span is a factor to assess because you don’t want your cleaning period to be cut short due to low battery capacity.
- Choose weightless dust busters with high quality, because it is compact vacuums are easier to handle by adults and kids.
- Select a dust buster with a price range that suits your budget. Some low-priced dust buster provides great cleaning results just like the highly-priced dust busters, therefore not all expensive or low priced vacuums are good. Always check the specifications to pick the one that best suits your needs.
- Cleaning capacity is a very important factor to consider because you don’t want to buy a dust buster with a small dirt cup and filter system for a large surface. Always select a cleaner with a large or extra dirt cup or bag that can be easily removed and a transparent bag.
- Warranty is also an important factor to consider because a dust buster with a high warranty means the product is of high quality and should you have a problem when using it, you get a replacement or refund.
Advantages of a dust buster
- Small and portable design: most handheld cleaners are small and easy to carry around, they can easily be used to clean surfaces that larger vacuum cannot clean. They don’t require large storage space, store them in the kitchen cabinets, shelf or closet.
- Lightweight: Almost all dust busters are made to be handy and convenient to use. They are designed to be easily carried to any part of the room with ease and is ideal for elderly people or children who cannot handle heavy vacuum cleaners.
- Ease of use: Many handheld vacuums are easy to use because they don’t require assembling and are not complicated. These portable machines can be easily used by kids to clean any mess they make.
- Powerful: Most dust busters are powerful and can clean large pet hairs or dirt with ease. A good dust buster should not run less than 4 amps.
- Adaptable: Dust busters are versatile and usually comes with lots of attachments and accessories which enable you to clean your in between cushions, ceilings, cabinets, and pet hairs.
- Affordable and easy to maintain: Dust busters are very affordable with varieties in the market and can be easily maintained. Most handheld vacuums are bag-less and the parts do not often require cleaning or repair.
- Long charging duration: dust busters take 10- 20 hours to fully charge, which means waiting for long periods of time, to get a simple job accomplished.
- Low Battery Capacity: most handheld vacuums have a low battery capacity which means your dust buster might stop working right in the middle of a job.
- Sound: dust busters are usually loud, therefore, resulting in a noisy environment.
Attributes of a good dust buster
- Corded or cordless: dust busters are either corded or cordless depending on what you want. Most corded vacuums tend to be stronger than cordless because they feature bigger motors that consume more electricity.
- Portability: a good dust buster is lightweight and easy to maneuver around, making it easy to use all age grades.
- Battery option: most dust buster is rechargeable and operates with batteries. Always choose a handheld cleaner with extended running time and large battery capacity.
- Sound: Dust buster is of different types and has different noise levels. A good portable cleaner should have minimized noise levels.
- Attachments: the accessories and attachments of the dust buster determine how good and effective it will be- crevice tools, cord handle, brushes, filter, and dirt bowl.
5 Reasons Why You Should Need a Dust Buster
You might be thinking that a dust buster isn’t necessary since you already have a full-sized vacuum cleaner. You might be right, but what if we took a look at the benefits of having a dust buster and then draw any further conclusions?
1. Easy to maneuver
Handheld vacuum cleaners are compact, and many are cordless, allowing you to effortlessly go from room to room in search of annoying dust. In comparison, upright vacuums can be cumbersome and difficult to maneuver, and you sometimes have to stop cleaning to swap the plug to another outlet as you walk around the house.
2. Good for pet hair removal
While upright vacuum attachments are convenient for vacuuming stairs and dusting baseboards, they struggle with the one thing that annoys some homeowners the most, and that’s pet hair.
Imagine trying to remove a strand of hair using a giant broom, it seems like quite the overkill. A dust buster is small and portable and can remove pet hair with ease.
3. Good for tough spots
There are plenty of nooks and crannies in your home that are difficult to clean with a typical upright vacuum because they are difficult to reach. A handheld vacuum, on the other hand, is more compact and equipped with flexible tools that allow it to get into such tiny spaces.
4. Affordable price
Handheld vacuum cleaners, which range in price from around $40 to $200, offer the best value, while upright vacuum cleaners can cost upwards of $600 for the highest-quality, most powerful versions.
5. Easy to clean
When you’re constantly vacuuming up messes, the vacuum bag will eventually fill up and require emptying. If you own a stick, canisters, or upright vacuums, you frequently have to battle with a bag or find a nice way to empty the bin.
However, with dust busters, you simply open the lid and empty the contents over the garbage can, which simplifies and neatens cleanup.
Should You Dust or Vacuum First?
Always dust first and vacuum after. The reason is straightforward. When you dust, some of the particles will wipe away onto your duster or cloth, but you will never get rid of all the dust particles.
Rather than that, many of the particles with which you come into touch disperse into the air and subsequently settle. These dust particles will eventually settle on different surfaces throughout the house.
If you vacuum first and then dust, you’ll discover that you’re missing a significant amount of dust in your home. This will cause dust particles to settle on your freshly vacuumed surfaces. This means that you’ll have to vacuum your entire home again to get it properly clean.
If you leave it alone, the dust will accumulate and may have an adverse effect on your health. Due to your failure to take the necessary actions to reduce dust throughout the house, you’ll notice that your home will begin to look dusty again and, this time, faster than usual.
Difference Between a Dust Collector and Vacuum
There are a lot of differences between a vacuum and a dust collector, and they are reflected mostly in effect, airflow, and configuration. A dust collector is designed as a collection of parts that include intake and exhaust ducting, air mover, and capture hood.
The dust collector collects dust from the environment. This particular unit is often used to capture dust from the air in industrial settings.
The shop vac is an extremely strong and helpful cleaning instrument. This eliminates dust from your shop. This machine uses a powerful motor which is useful in different setups, especially in woodworking shops and for construction cleaning.
The machine is equipped with a large hose and a large canister for storage. This shop vac is ideal for cleaning extremely filthy areas. Because it resembles a bucket, many people refer to it as a bucket vacuum.
Additionally, it has wheel elements that allow you to simply maneuver it throughout the area. While it may appear to be a standard domestic vacuum cleaner, the shop vacuum is designed to remove large amounts of dust.
How Often Should You Dust Your Home?
According to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average American spends 110 minutes per day performing household maintenance, with the majority of that time spent on cleaning alone.
While doing laundry and dishwashing may be part of your regular cleaning regimen, there is one duty that is frequently overlooked when it comes to keeping your home spick and span, and that’s dusting.
For optimal results without tremendous effort, you want to eliminate dust in places that are easy to reach at least once a month. For areas that are more difficult to reach (like high shelves, corners, and ceilings, you want to dust once every three to six months.
The Most Popular Dust Buters
If you have pets that often tend to leave a mess, this Bissell dust buster might be the perfect product for you. It is designed to perform various actions, from suction to spraying, in order to make sure that surfaces such as upholstery or carpets are wiped clean without too much effort on your behalf.
Because of its bagless design, this dust buster doesn’t require any consumable and is way easier to clean compared to models that have bags which require thorough cleaning. It is a portable and cordless unit that takes four hours for the battery to charge fully, after which it provides a runtime of 30 minutes.
When it comes to challenging pet messes, this portable carpet cleaner is always ready to tackle the job, making it an excellent choice for families who are in the midst of the tiny mess maker era of pet motherhood. Bissell designed it with a strong revolving Dirt Lifter Power Brush that loosens, lifts, and removes difficult pet stains from carpets and other surfaces.
Because of the lithium-ion battery in this cordless machine, you will have a longer operating duration. Furthermore, unlike other portable carpet cleaners, you may store the formula directly in the machine’s tank while it is not in use, eliminating the need to mix the formula with water and saving time and effort.
If you’re frustrated with the short battery life of portable dust busters, we have a very good alternative for you. The Roborock handheld vacuum promises to work for up to 90 minutes on a full charge, giving you plenty of time to dust and vacuum around the house (note that you get 90 minutes if you use it in ECO mode, and not MAX mode).
This bagless unit comes with a five-stage air purification system which is basically making sure that dust isn’t sucked in through one slot and expelled through another. This vacuum cleaner does a good job of reaching tough spots, but one of the features that we most love is the fact that it converts from an upright cleaner to a handheld unit.
The SD20005RED is another handheld vacuum cleaner that will serve you right, depending on what you intend to do with it. The 7-amp motor easily pulls up stubborn debris such as sand and rocks. The Quick-Flip crevice tool is ideal for cleaning inaccessible areas such as couch cushions and vehicle seats. A 16-foot power cord allows you to clean entire car interiors.
If you live in a tiny apartment or are looking to vacuum spots in the kitchen that are usually difficult to reach (like cabinet interiors and drawers), this might be the right product for you.
Top 3 Best Dust Buster Reviews
The BLACK+DECKER HHVI315JO42 Cordless Dust buster is excellent for helping you clean debris or dirt with ease. The 1.5 AH lithium technology has great suction ability to keep your home sparkling clean without stress and has a large bin capacity of 31.8oz which collects more than 50% of the dirt before emptying which makes it unique to another cordless dust buster.
The lithium technology offers strong suction power which increases the running time of the dust buster making it ideal for a long-time cleaning of pet hair and upholstery. This machine also has a washable filter and containers to enable detailed vacuuming.
This dust buster features a crevice tool to help you get access to areas that are hard to reach with a large vacuum cleaner making cleaning a breeze. it also comprises of a brush for dusting and cleaning upholstery, little messes on the carpet or floor. The push-in brush and cyclone provide powerful suction and washable filters keep the dust buster clean.
Who can purchase this?
This dust buster is ideal for parents, kids and elderly people who wish to keep their environment clean with a portable cleaner.
- Excellent suction ability and portable design for an effortless cleaning session.
- Cordless and bag-less design for effective cleaning with cyclonic action.
- Dual attachments- crevice tool and brush
- Disposable bags and filters that are reusable and washable.
- Large dirt bowl with a long-running time.
- The dust buster is loud and noisy.
If you want a dust buster that operates on serious power, then the Black+Decker multipurpose dust buster is what you need. This pivoting design is powerful and portable with 20V lithium pivot technology which produces excellent suction ability to clean dirt, pet hairs and any form of mess in the car or house.
This portable dust buster features a crevice tool and brush that makes cleaning a breeze and the pivoting nozzle makes it easy to clean hidden surfaces or hard to reach areas like in between sofa, under furniture or high shelves.
The pivot design has a three-stage filtration system for outstanding filtration and a cyclonic tool that spins dust away from the filter thereby improving suction ability. Its wide-mouth shovels in dirt which make cleaning easy and its crevice tool makes cleaning of hard to reach area a breeze.
Who can purchase this?
This portable machine is excellent for people who intend to clean their homes or cars with a dust buster that operates on high power.
- Pivoting nozzles
- Excellent suction technology and fade-free power
- 3 stage filtration
- Wide mouth design with crevice tools.
- High-Performance Motor and cyclonic action
- Three years warranty.
- The dust buster is loud.
Do you want a dust buster that is designed to clean your car? The Dyson V7 cordless vacuum cleaner is an outstanding portable cleaning machine that is made to clean your car, camper or boat without stress. This lightweight vacuum is cordless and can run for 30 minutes by ensuring high cleaning performance on any type of mess or dirt in the car or home.
This handheld device is ideal for anyone who loves to keep his space clean at all times. It has a long-running time which implies more work or cleaning time and requires little charging time of about 4-5 hours.
This dust buster features a crevice tool for easy cleaning of hard to reach area and a combination tool for home and car vacuuming. It also has a motorized tool and a fade-free lithium-ion battery which enhances the suction ability.
Who should purchase this?
This portable vacuum is perfect for car owners with pets. But the combination tool also makes it ideal for home use.
- Short recharge period and powerful suction system
- Includes a car charger, mini motorized tool, combination tool, and crevice tool.
- Portable and long running time
- Hygienic dirt ejector and Dyson V7 motors
- Lithium-ion batteries and cordless design
- Small bin capacity
- Switching on requires long press of the button.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)FAQ
How do I clean a dustbuster?
To clean a dust buster, you will have to check the user manual to see how you can remove the container that houses all the dust, dirt, and debris. The manual’s instructions are the best guidelines for cleaning your particular dust buster brand.
How often should I change a dustbuster's filter?
Dustbuster filters usually require changing once every six to nine months, but the actual time period depends on the frequency and intensity of use.
How do I replace a dustbuster's battery?
To replace the batteries on your dustbuster, you have to consult the user’s manual to see where the battery is located. You’ll most likely have to remove a few screws to gain access to the battery slot.
Dust Buster: To Sum Up
Frequent cleaning of the house or car is a way of achieving a healthy environment but that cannot be achieved with the wrong tools. A dust buster is portable, lightweight and compact which makes it ideal for everyday cleaning. With the right dust buster, you don’t have to worry about messes caused by your little ones or pets.
With varieties of dust busters in the market, choosing the best can be hard, that is why this review is to help you select the best dust buster. Always remember to choose a dust buster with a high-performance battery, crevice tool, good filtration and portability for excellent vacuuming results.