Few things are better in the morning than a cup of coffee and eating some fresh bread. There’s something about the smell of warm bread that feels very comforting, but having to get out in the morning to go to the bakery to procure sure doesn’t seem like something most people would want to do. So what is the alternative to having fresh warm bread every day? Buying a bread machine, of course!
Choosing a Bread Machine
If you’ve never bought a bread machine before, you’re probably confused about what specifications and features make this product viable and useful. First-time shoppers, here’s what all good bread machines should have:
- Kneading paddles are one of the most important parts of a bread machine. You can find models out there that feature a kneading paddle for bread and another one for pasta. The important thing to remember is that every such machine should have at least one paddle.
- A delayed timer is also a feature that you want to have, especially if you want to wake up to fresh bread in the morning. This is very similar to the timer on newer washing machine models: you can set up a time when you want the machine to start baking your bread, and therefore have it ready when you get out of bed.
- If you opt for a machine that comes with a delayed timer because you want to wake up to fresh bread in the morning, then you’ll probably be interested in the level of noise a machine makes. Cheaper machines will be very noisy, while premium ones produce less noise.
- You also want to look for the machine’s programmable features. These are settings that will allow you to have more control over how your bread is being made. For example, there are plenty of machines out there that comes with multiple crust options.
- An alarm is important on a bread machine if you find yourself making recipes that require you to add ingredients during the actual bread-making process. For instance, some people like to make sweet bread with nuts or raising, and an alarm notifies them when it’s time to add those ingredients.
The Best 5 Bread Machines Available on the Market
The Virtuoso Plus is an expensive bread machine. Now that we got that out of the way, let’s focus on the features and benefits that have led up to this high price and we’ll let you decide if it’s worth the money. The very first feature that we’d like to mention is the fact that you make bread in two hours and 25 minutes, which is quite fast compared to most other models.
It comes with dual heaters that are located on the top and bottom of the machine to make sure the bread is baked evenly. The double kneading blades are placed wisely enough to make sure that your dough gets the right “treatment”.
The LCD display has controls that are fairly intuitive. You can make healthy bread recipes that include rapid whole wheat and whole heat, but also other recipes for those who are looking to switch different types of bread. Other features of interest include a 13-hour delay timer, a 12-hour clock, three crust options, and a series of accessories.
- 12-hour clock.
- 13-hour delay timer.
- Three crust options.
- Non-stick coated baking pan.
- Large viewing window.
- Dual heaters.
- small loaves
The Breadman bread maker is yet another example of a product done right. It comes with a wide array of features and settings that render excellent results in the form of fresh, warm, and mouth-watering bread. With a refined stainless steel exterior, this bread machine impressed us from the get-go.
It makes loaves of bread in three different sizes and comes with no less than 14 pre-programmed bake settings (such as low carb, dough, gluten-free, and whole wheat bread). It integrates a 15-hour delay timer, plus a fruit and nut dispenser to upgrade the bread-making game with more potential recipes.
- Accessories included.
- Collapsible kneading paddle.
- 14 pre-programmed settings.
- 15-hour delay timer.
- Fruit and nut dispenser.
- Complaints about the paddle scratching the pan.
The T-fal bread machine offers a variety of features and functions that are designed for people looking for a product who manages to balance a decent price and a good end result, all whilst require a minimum effort on behalf of the user. Aside from the machine itself, the package also contains a measuring cup and a spoon for more precise recipes, but also a recipe book with 80 delicious ways to enjoy bread throughout the day.
This bread machine gives you the possibility to make loaves of bread in three different sizes, but also grants you control over other features, like the crust settings. The lid of the machine integrated a large window, while the inner pan is coated to prevent the dough from sticking to the surface of the pan.
- 3 loaf sizes.
- 3 crust settings.
- 15 programmable settings.
- Indicator light.
- 15 hours delay timer.
- Accessories included.
- Difficult to clean.
The Breville bread machine is designed for people who are looking for a more affordable product, but one that can still make good bread without too many “fancy” features. You can select between four different load sizes that range from one pound to 2.5 pounds, which half a pound increments between each.
The bread maker is equipped with a smart LCD screen that will show you the progress of the machine whilst your bread is being made. You can choose between 13 different automatic settings and three different crust colors, so your bread will look and taste just as you want it to every time.
Some of the programs include pre-set options, just as yeast-free or crusty loaf, but you can also customize them to your own preferences to get just the bread you want. Interestingly enough, the machine is also equipped with an automatic fruit and nut dispenser so you can add in a mix to your recipe at any time.
- Good price.
- Automatic fruit & nut dispenser.
- Power interruption protection.
- Preset programs.
- Four loaf sizes.
- External parts get too hot.
Ready for the very first item on today’s list? We’re talking about the Virtuoso bread machine made by Zojirushi, a product designed for people who are always in the mood for a good loaf of bread. The machine can make a loaf of bread of up to two pounds, which is perfect for feeding the entire family.
It comes with plenty of features that are designed to provide you with a smooth user experience, all whilst leading up to an end result that’s both tasty and natural. It comes with a variety of different features that every bread machine should have, such as an additional heater that ensures an even baking, an inner cooking pan which can easily be removed, plus a 13-hour delay timer, so you can wake up in the morning and have freshly made bread that’s ready to be put on the table.
The LCD clock makes it easy for you to stay up to date to the completion time. The LCD control panel allows you to select between 10 pre-programmed settings, three crust shades, and also gives you the possibility to set the timer.
Rapid courses allow you to bake a loaf of white or whole wheat bread in just 2 hours and 25 minutesView Deal
- Three crust shade options.
- Bakes a 2-pound bread.
- Removable pan.
- 13 hours delay timer.
- 10 pre-programmed settings.
- Complaints about the price.
Buying a bread machine is a worthy investment if you are a bread fan. It’s also a viable purchase for people with large families who consume bread on a daily basis. It can help you make bread using the ingredients of your choice, while granting you full power over the baking process, and peace of mind knowing that you’re eating the healthiest version of bread possible.