Kitchen is one of those areas of home that demand frequent improvement. This is because the area is one of the busiest rooms of the house – it is the place where meals are cooked, dishes are prepared and at times food is also shared. Complete remodeling may not be the ideal solution always as it demands complete renovation and a decent budget too. However, the kitchen can easily be improved by employing few decorating techniques.
Below is a list of some efficient techniques to assist you improve your kitchen –
1) Paint the walls of the kitchen in relaxing or light colors. Light and bright hues shall make the room appear large and shall breathe in life to the room. Darker shades are to be avoided as they are known to make the room appear compact.
2) Cabinets wearing a dull look can easily be made the focal point of the kitchen. You may resurface the doors and change the hardware to impart a fresh look to the cabinets. If the doors are made of wood, you may paint them. Alternatively, you may also remove the doors completely and thus create open cabinets. Open cabinets are the latest trend.
3) Instead of storing food items and other ingredients in the package they come, store them in containers or jars. Purchase different types of containers for storing different items. For instance, you may select transparent jars but with different prints or different lids.
4) Install new lighting to create a fresh dramatic effect in the room. Try to install different types of lighting in different areas of the kitchen instead of a single bright light. Pendant lights, accent lights, task lights, under counter halogen are some popular options.
5) Add a mirror to the kitchen. Mirrors are amazing decoration items and create the illusion of large space. You may hang the mirror on any idle wall of the kitchen, including the wall above the stove.
6) Install hooks or hangers on one of the walls of the kitchen. They can be used for hanging pots and pans, serving spoons and kitchen cloth.Hooks are a practical option as they shall free up the cabinet space.
7) Purchase a kitchen island for your kitchen. It shall provide an additional work surface to the kitchen. It is recommended to buy collapsible or portable kitchen islands so that they can be folded or removed when not needed.