Tips to prepare your home for guests
Opening the home for guests is a pleasant experience for most of the people. However, the days prior to the visit are known to be stressful as home owners try to make the best arrangement in order to impress the guests.
Well, it is doubtless that extra preparation needs to be done before guests arrive. However, a little prior planning and preparation shall alleviate last minute struggle and make your home comfortable and inviting for guests.
Here are some efficient tips to assist you prepare your home for guests –
1) First of all, you need to de-clutter your home. Pick up all the things from the floor and put them in their right place so that your home appears organized and orderly.
2) Next you need to arrange the area where the guests are going to spend the maximum of their time – guest’s room. De-clutter the room and make space for belongings and suitcases. Hang extra hangers in the wardrobe. If your things are kept in the wardrobe, shift them all to a single shelf and make one shelf free.
3) Ensure the bedding for the guests is clean and neat. It is best if you can buy new linen or else ensure that the existing linen is laundered. Limit the number of pillows to a maximum of two.
4) Give importance to the bathroom as well. The bathroom should be clean, inviting and offer your guests to settle comfortably and unwind. Like the bed linen, fresh and laundered or newly brought bathroom linen is a must. If the bathroom is being used by other family members, have them keep away their toiletries in order to create space for toiletries of the guests. For extra comfort, keep a basket with new toiletries such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, razor, shower caps, etc.
5) If there is a television in the guest bedroom, ensure that it is working. In addition, plug in all the wires and keep the remote control at a visible place so that the guests can entertain themselves as required. If there is a DVD player, place some movie cds.
6) Stack the bedside table with books and magazines. If you are aware of the guest’s favorite authors, place few of them.
7) Lastly spruce up things by placing a vase of flowers, a basket of fruits or cookies, drinks, etc. You may also place road map or city guide if the guests are new to the area.