Tips to improve your kitchen with lights
When decoration of a kitchen comes into the discussion, most of us tend to relate the improvement of the kitchen in terms of big things such as purchasing of appliances such as replacing the old oven, buying a new refrigerator, painting the walls, installing extra cabinets and shelves and more. However, we never ponder to change the lights of the kitchen which is an equally important feature of the kitchen. Like other parts of the house, light is known to play a contributing role in transforming the look of a kitchen from dull to bright.
When talking about lighting of a kitchen, there are several factors that come into the play. The lighting should be such that the room should be properly illuminated. However, it should not be so bright that it hurt the eyes. The light should be installed in such a manner than every corner of the kitchen receives optimum light, and work can be done without straining the eyes.
Here is a list of tips to improve your kitchen with lights –
- Most of the kitchens, especially the older ones have a single type of lighting and some of them also have a single light. You need to shed this idea of installing one light or one type of light. Like other parts of the house, varied types of lightning can also be installed in the kitchen.
- Try to install lights based on tasks to be done. For preparing meals and chopping meals, lights may be installed on the bottom of the cabinets.
- If you have large cabinets, then you may install small lights inside the cabinets. These lights are usually installed in the ceiling of the cabinets. Installing lights inside the cabinets impart a classic look and allow one to take out the required things without switching on the entire lights of the kitchen.
- Install small accent lights in the crockery shelf holding your exquisite crockery and shelf. If you have a separate area for appliances, you may install accent lighting in that area too.
- If you have a sitting area in your kitchen, pendant lights would be the ideal selection to create a restaurant type look. All you need to assure is that correct length of the pendant light.
- Install dimmer switches in the kitchen. With these switches, you would have the liberty to brighten the kitchen during preparation and dim the room when you have a coffee with your partner.