Tips to decorate your dining table
Dining rooms are the center of a house. It is a place where all the family members join together to enjoy a meal. A good decorated place to eat lifts the mood and is assured to make the experience of enjoying good food even better. Although, many people spend thousands of extra dollars on decorating their dining table but there are numerous other ways that may not even cost you hundred dollars, and you can still be proud of a well decorated dining table.
1) The easiest way to add style to your dining table is to add a tablecloth. Some tablecloths are very expensive, but it is not that difficult to find inexpensive ones at discount or departmental stores. You may also buy a fabric and stitch your customized table cloth. The fabric of the table cloth shall decide the style for the table. If you desire something simple and lustrous then go for plain colored fabrics. For special occasions, invest in silk, organza or organdy table cloths. Prints and designs are perfect for daily use.
2) If you have a glass table top then, never cover it up with a tablecloth. Instead use table mats. Table mats are available in an array of materials, designs and styles. For daily use, plastic tablemats are the best option as they are easy to clean. For special occasions, you may use cotton, jute or linen.
3) Explore the nature for decorating items for your dining table as they are free of cost. A vase of fresh picked flowers not only smell good but also attracts attention as a centerpiece. A bowl filled with dried flowers and pinecones also look exquisite.
4) You may also place a glass bowl in the center of the table, place some rocks at the bottom, fill it up with water and float some leaves and flowers. Alternatively, fruits such as apples, lemons and lime placed in a bowl also look attractive.
5) Another creative idea to a romantic touch to the dining table is to place candles on the dining table. Place the center candles few inches below the eye level. For informal dining, use short pillar candles and for an elegant and formal dining, use tall tapering candles. You may also float candles in a bowl and decorate it as a center piece.