Tips for a chic Pet Friendly home decor
Most of the homeowners owing pets tend to assume that stylish chic home and pets simply do not go together. People believe that if one wants to accommodate pets in their home, they have to compromise on their designer style and taste.However, this is absolutely wrong.You no longer need to make the tricky choice between keeping the fluffy adorable companion inside your home and an exquisite house to be proud of. All you need to do is decorate your home in pet friendly ways.
– When choosing the flooring type for your house, opt for hard floors as these are hard to be scratched, and also do not show off marks if scratched. The options available for hard floor coverings are painted concrete, brick, terrazzo, ceramic tiles, and hardwood floors. Hardwood should be avoided if you have large dogs, as they can scratch hardwood easily. Alternatively, you may also select laminated floors.
– Try and avoid carpets to cover the floors as carpets are known to trap pet odors, hair and even absorb pet stains quickly. On the other hand, if a carpet is essential then choose a low pile and inexpensive one. Also avoid selecting continuous loop carpets.
– Before you select the color scheme for your house, consider the color of the pet’s fur so that the pet hair is camouflaged. If you have a gray cat, install a gray painted concrete floor. Dress your sofa in a honey color fabric to match the hair of the golden dog. In addition, avoid selecting light color tones for the wall as they are assured to go dirty in minutes with pets around.
– If your pet sleeps with you, then accidents can’t be avoided. So it’s better to make prior preparations. Employ a thick pad to protect your mattress. Use only cotton bed sheets in medium color tones and patterns so that pet stains and hair can be easily hidden.
– It is crucial to give importance to the pet’s lifestyle when designing the layout of the home. The animal room should be such in a place that the animal can enter it directly without having to move across the house.You can always install an inexpensive pet door so the animal can easily go in and out of the room, or even outside. Generally, the ideal place to set the animal room is near the entry.