How To Design A Girl’s Bedroom
Decorating a girl’s bedroom is assured to be a pleasurable activity. A girl’s bedroom is her nest where she can play, study, spin tales of wonder, daydream, gaze at the mirror for hours, etc. Check out the below mentioned tips to design a girl’s bedroom -
- Girls, whether they are small or grown up are known to be more creative, and hence love to participate in the decoration of their room. Involve your girl and try to know her choice and preferences. According to her choice, select a theme for the room. Flowers, Barbie, stars, moonlight, clouds are some popular themes. You can also base a theme around her favorite color.
- For the color of the walls, people generally stick to light pink or light yellow. However, these colors are very common and get washed out. Instead, go for muted jewel tone colors. The color shades would include ruby, amber, mocha, amethyst and turquoise. It is vital that these color shades stay on the lighter side as dark walls will shrink the room.
- Have fun with the selection of fabrics. Bedding, curtains, throws, area rugs and accent pillows can be all played with. Use a combination of colors, patterns and textures. If you are using a solid color for the bed sheet then get the comforter done in a pattern or a texture with a contrast color.
- When it comes to selection of furniture, do not waste your money by buying expensive furniture. Instead go for a low platform bed, armoire, a simple desk and a dresser. Assure that there is enough of storage space. You may also place a bean bag in a corner of the room.
- For decorating the room, do not go for statues and vases. You may arrange some of her old crafts in a corner, or frame her painting and hang them. You may also ask her to paint the glass window panes with washable colors with her own designs. This will add a feminine touch to the room.
- It is very vital to install appropriate lightning in the bedroom so that she can do her homework, make crafts and painting and read books without straining her eye. Floor lamps, scones and tables lamps come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Go for contemporary lighting fixtures with bold colors so that they add on to the fun and decorative accessories of the room.