How to Decorate an Old World Style Room
The interior décor required by the old world style comprises an embellished habitat achieved in an elegant manner. The room that bears the print of old world decorating style will always look attractive when displaying elements that are of both masculine and feminine interest.
The followings are needed to imprint your room the Old World decorative style: curtains, rugs, lamps, carved end tables, sofas, oil paintings or at least painting posters, stained glass, tapestry, beams, and wooden chairs or wrought iron chairs.
1. For the color scheme you should go for a combination that is rich but gives a soft tone of a timeworn effect. The popular choices are navy blue, maroon, olive green, beige and ochre.
2. The contrasts should be next on your list introducing terracotta jars and elements to carry the quality and fame of the wrought iron. The Old World style can be brought in by Aubusson rugs, gold painted decorative accessories and woven tapestry. The color of the rugs should work harmoniously with the choice of the wall paint and that of upholstery.
3. The multi layered look of accessories that contain beaded trims and fringes is another feature of the Old World style that you need to print to your room.
4. For a textural stability of the Old World style room there is the decorated ceiling with coarse hewn lining and beams that must be added to the room as well as wooden arches style for the doorways and windows.
5. Furniture should be a composition of cozy sofas with soft and lush seats or other choice of Old World style that consists of settees with cane seating and carved frames for a more rustic look.
The dining room of an Old World style would use a shady tainted table with matching chairs that have hand engraved wooden made frame work. Lamps that have a metal finish for their stone or bronze material are other accessories that integrate perfectly into Old World styled room.