How to Decorate a Very Tiny Bathroom on a Budget
Whether it is the guest bathroom, or a bathroom in the garden area, even the smallest bathrooms can easily be decorated by employing certain techniques and tricks. However, the task becomes slightly challenging when the project has to be executed on a strict budget but thankfully, there is a myriad of inexpensive small items available in the market that are known to enhance the look of your bathroom.
1) Firstly, you need to decide the color scheme of your bathroom. Since it is a small bathroom, you need to go for soothing light shades. The darker colors you select, the smaller the place shall appear. Select a hue that can be matched with the accessories easily such as soap cases, hand towels, etc.
2) Lay the flooring on your own. Many home improvement stores hold free classes on how to lay tile, laminate or wood flooring. Once you have learned the trick, you can easily redo your floor at a relatively low cost.
3) Update all the accessories of the bathroom. A new toilet seat cover, bright shower curtains, area rug, toothbrush holder, hand towels, etc, will instantly update the look of your bathroom. Moreover, you can easily find these items at discount stores and shops.
4) Try to change the hardware in the bathroom as it will impart a fresh and clean look. A new glass faucet, a pristine white switch cover board, fresh handles on the cabinets and drawers will give the bathroom an instant lift up.
5) Install new lighting fixtures as old lighting fixtures provide dull light and also make the room appear dull and tired. Bright lights will make the bathroom appear larger and is also a cheap way to make the area wear a new look.
6) Introduce varied textiles to your small bathroom as they shall enhance the visual appeal of the room and add a touch of warmth. A thick rug in front of the sink, a small tapestry on the walls and lush towels are easy options.
7) Lastly, you need to add some finishing touches to your bathroom. Small pictures and tiny plants are good options for design touch. Try to create a personal artwork and hang it on one of the walls as it will add an interesting touch and is also cheap.