How to decorate a bedroom for cheap?
A bedroom is much more than a place to sleep and relax. It represents your personality, who you are, and your tastes and preferences. However, many a times achieving the desired look is very difficult, especially if you are strict on budget and at the same time, possess exclusive designer taste.
If you are pondering to give your bedroom a fresh new look but do not have the money to purchase new furniture and completely remodel the room, you can still spruce up things in the bedroom all by yourself and that too for cheap.
1) If your budget is not allowing you to invest in new bedding or change the furniture then the best way to spruce up the area is to dress the walls in a fresh coat of paint. You can get cans of paint for as low as $15-$20 and you can paint the walls all by yourself. Alternatively, if you possess a creative edge, then instead of painting the entire wall with a new color, you can paint interesting patterns and designs and create a unique look.
2) Hunt flea markets and thrift stores to purchase unique items to decorate in your bedroom. In most of the situations, the only difference between items available at thrift stores and antique stores is the price tag. Interesting accessories, furniture, fabrics and more can be brought from flea markets. In addition, in flea markets you have the exceptional opportunity to bargain.
3) Breathe in new life to your old furniture by refurbishing them. Brush the furniture pieces with a sand paper and repaint them in a different color for a different look. An old headboard can be given a new life by employing a sheet of foam and a piece of fabric.
4) The bed can be made attractive by draping fabrics from the ceiling over the bed to the floor to create a feeling of canopy bed.
5) Make use of fabric paint and stencils to design your own luxury linen sets. Motifs such as flowers, vases, leaves and abstract art look extremely good on sheets. Do not forget to paint the pillow covers to complete the look.
6) Decorate the wall with, prints, old pictures, photographs and even posters. These are not at all expensive and are easily available for few dollars.