Most of the homeowners devote a lot of time to designing of their bedrooms, living room, bathroom and kitchen. However, whenever it comes to the guest room, the owners are not enthusiastic and are just concerned with finishing the guest room work quickly. And this is absolutely wrong. Like the other rooms of a house, guest room is also equally important. This is the place which will be offered to the guests when they drop into your home for a stay and will be thus responsible for creation of the lasting impression.
If you wish to create a cute, welcoming and a cozy guest room then all you need to do is introduce the right furniture pieces. The right furniture will lend a statement to the room and make it appealing.
1) First of all, you need to assess the available space in the guest room. Walk through the space and try to ascertain what all can be accommodated easily.
2) Secondly, ascertain the essential pieces of furniture that must be introduced in the room. Whether you have a single guest visiting you in a year or there are guests every month, a guest bed and a side table are essential pieces of furniture. Try to determine whether you want a single bed, a double bed, or a bed with pull up bed, so that a family can be easily accommodated.
3) If the visiting guests stay at your home for a long period of time, say a week or more than you have to introduce closets in the room. On the other hand, if guests stay for two to three days, casual storage drawers and compartment would do the needful.
4) Coffee tables, chairs and sofas are to be introduced in the guest room depending upon the expected activity of the guests. If you plan to serve meals to the guests in their room itself, then chairs and coffee tables are a must, whereas if it’s not this case, then it’s entirely your personal decision, whether you want to introduce chairs or tables.
5) Lastly, before approaching furniture shops to buy furniture pieces, it is always better to fix a budget in mind so that you are not tempted to buy furniture pieces that are outside your budget.