How to choose a bedroom paint color?
A bedroom is one of the most personal and private areas of the house and henceforth, it must be designed and decorated properly. Besides giving importance to various other factors such as the bed and furniture, the factor that deserves equal consideration is the walls of the room. Though one may not pay attention to walls of the bedroom during a day, but it is the first thing which is viewed as one wakes up or is stared before one dozes off to sleep.
Selection of the bedroom paint color is a daunting task and there are several factors that should be considered before a color is finalized.Here is a list of tips to choose a bedroom paint color –
1) Consider the size of your bedroom – The first most important factors that need to be considered is the size of your bedroom. A small bedroom will appear smaller if the walls are painted in a dark color. For small bedroom, light and neutral colors would be the ideal selection. If you have a large bedroom, you can experiment with bright color hues.
2) Decide upon the feel you wish to create in your bedroom – Would like to create a relaxed, romantic, passionate, sober, sophisticated atmosphere or something else? Each color shade is known to create a different mood and feel, for instance, green is linked with nature and promotes tranquility, red or pink color is the perfect selection for passion and romance, etc.
3) Consider the style and color scheme of the current furnishings and furniture – The easiest way to narrow down on the color scheme is to consider the color of the current furnishings and furniture. The color of the wall should match well with the décor of the room.
4) More color with accents – a bedroom with a single color looks very boring but this does not imply that one should make use of a palette of colors. The best way to add color is through accent wall or accent pieces. You may paint an accent wall in different color, or you may also introduce colorful accent pieces such as vibrant pillows and blankets.
5) Try the color – it always better to try the color first on the wall so that later regrets can be avoided. Get sample colors and have them painted on a corner of the wall before the final selection.