How to build an indoor fountain?
Indoor fountains are gaining extreme popularity all across the globe as they are known to enhance the beauty of an indoor space by adding the element of water. Besides being a luxurious and elite addition to a room, they also provide a soothing atmosphere. They are mesmerizing to watch and relaxing to hear. A variety of indoor fountains are readily available in the market, and you can easily buy one according to your preference.
However, if you are ready to put in sincere efforts clubbed with imagination and creativity then you can easily build your own indoor fountain. You will be requiring a container, pump, rocks, flexible tubes, elbow water and bleach.
1) Firstly, you need to purchase a submersible pump that can easily be found at any hardware store or a store that sells aquarium supplies. Buy the other items also. Assure that the rocks vary in size from small to large and are also of different shapes and colors. You need enough so they cover up the pump and also go several inches beyond it.
2) Choose a container for use. Assure that it is large enough and can hold the pump at its bottom. Also assure that it is wide enough to allow the tube and pump to bend upward.
3) Find a suitable location for your indoor fountain. You will need to place it near a power source so that the pump can work. Furthermore, assure that the cord is close to the wall so that no one trips over. If a table or stand is used, assure that it is strong enough.
4) Place your pump in the middle of the container, connect the tubing to it and place the cover on it. The tubing has to run upward through the rock formation.
5) Place the rocks in your fountain container. Place bigger rocks at the bottom and use the smaller ones as you go up to cover the pump. Assure that the tubing is kept at the center of the rock formation.
6) Once the desired height is reached, cut the tubing and place the elbow at an angle in order to allow the water flow down the rocks. Add enough water to the container so that the pump is completely submerged in water. Plug into an electric outlet and your indoor fountain is ready.