How to arrange furniture around a fireplace?
The fireplace has always known to be an epitome of indulgence, gratification and warmth to a myriad number of houses all across the globe. It automatically enhances the amiability and coziness of the room. In addition, it is also considered as the focal point of the room, no matter where it is placed. It is doubtless that furniture placement around a fireplace is a challenging task, and people are completely unaware of how furniture should be arranged around a fireplace.
Well, arranging furniture around a fireplace is tricky and difficult, but it is not rocket science. All you need is creativity clubbed visualization. Alternatively, you may also plan the layout of the room in a piece of graph paper.
1) First and foremost step of arrangement of furniture around a fireplace is to start with the seating arrangement. This shall ensure that the functionality of the fireplace is harnessed, and you make the best use of it. The ideal way to arrange the seating is to start with the largest piece of seating furniture, which is generally the sofa. Place the sofa parallel to the fireplace according to the availability of the space. If space is less, place the sofa against the opposite wall. On the other hand, if there is ample of space, you can leave some free space behind the sofa.
2) If you have a loveseat or a recliner, place it perpendicular to the fireplace, to the right or left side of the sofa. If you do not own a loveseat, consider adding few chairs or a couch.
3) The chairs also need to be placed perpendicularly to the fireplace. Alternatively, you may also angle them towards each other.
4) Fourthly, you need to arrange a table between the seating arrangements. If you have endtables, then the ideal location for them is on the either sides of the sofa. Alternatively, an end table can also be placed beside the love seat or chair.
5) Lastly, you need to complete the arrangement by introducing the entertainment system. The best solution is to hang a flat screen television above the fireplace. This will ensure that the television is used to its best. In addition, it shall also free up space in the room. If there are additional speakers of the television, you may place them on hanging shelves on either sides of the television.