Give Your Kitchen Cabinets a Facelift
Are you bored with the typical look of your kitchen? Is your kitchen showing signs of aging? Well, do not despair. There are loads of ways that can be adopted to give your kitchen a facelift and without spending loads of money. One of the easiest ways is to work on the cabinets. The kitchen cabinets are the focal point of the kitchen and giving a facelift to them shall spruce up things.
By following the below mentioned steps, kitchen cabinets can be given an easy facelift and without burning a hole in the pocket.
1) Food residue, heat, grease and water are known to take a toll on the cabinets. So, the first step involves giving the cabinets a cleaning. Make a solution of soap and water and clean the cabinets with the help of a cleaning pad so that you don’t scratch the cabinets. Do not hesitate to repeat the cleaning process, if you find some grease and dirt still attached to the cabinets.
2) If the cabinets demand more attention after a good cleaning, try painting them. Painting the cabinets will breathe in new life to them. If you have free time, you can handle the project all by yourself or hiring professionals are always a good solution. Ensure the new color selected is different from the existing color, so that a unique look is imparted.
3) Dressing the cabinet doors with simple moldings is another effective way to give the cabinets a facelift. Ensure to select the molding in a different color or finish so that they make a statement. The existing finish may also be used for an elegant look.
4) The hardware and hinges attached to the cabinets are also known to get dirty too. So, cleaning them or replacing them shall impart a fresh look to the cabinets. If the hardware such as knobs and handles are sturdy, cleaning them with mild soap and water shall breathe in new life immediately. And if the knobs and handles are totally damaged and appear outdated then replacing them with new and modern styles of hinges would be correct.
5) If none of the above mentioned ways show results then the best solution is to reface the cabinet doors. This would require you to simply get the old door or face replaced with a new one. Though this is an expensive option, but the solution is worth the cost.