Decorating ideas for the fireplace
Does your home have a lonely fireplace that is only used for providing heat? Have you ever pondered to transform it into your home’s important showcases? Well, if yes then you need to decorate your fireplace. Decorating a fireplace shall make a huge difference to the fireplace as well as the room. With decoration, fireplace shall become a visible part of the room, and attract attention.
There are infinite ways to decorate a fireplace and transform it into an ornamental décor piece. However, there are several things to be considered such as the room where it is placed, the décor of the room, color tone, objects placed around, etc.
Here are some interesting decorating ideas for the fireplace –
1) The excellent way to decorate a fireplace is to make an interesting arrangement of vases on each side of the mantel. If the rest of the room boasts a symmetric arrangement then you should opt for the same style when decorating with vases. Alternatively, asymmetric decoration also looks good.
2) Use the mantel to showcase your collection. Arrange different items that are similar in size, color and style. Do not display too much items as it would create a cluttered look. Select some favorite pieces and display them. Mantel is also a terrific location to hang artwork such as landscape paintings or portraits.
3) Candles are terrific items to decorate a fireplace. They can be made to sit in front of the fireplace and even inside. Special perfume candles may also be used to create that special effect. The only thing to be remembered while decorating candles is to place them together and not spread them.
4) Flower displays are also an attractive option to decorate the fireplace during summer and spring months when the fireplace lies dormant. The displays can be placed in front or in the hearth. Besides sprucing up things, the flowers shall also hide the soot stains.
5) During the holiday season, the fireplace is an excellent place to display holiday greetings and hang Christmas stockings. You may also stack Christmas gifts on the hearth and thus create a magical display area. A flower wreath may also be added above the mantel for seasonal touch.
6) Other items that can be added to the fireplace as decorative items are fireplace fenders, fireplace bellows, fire back, screen, tools such as tongs and brush, etc.