Create an interesting ribbon effect on your walls for splendor look
Do you want to add a personalized touch to your walls? Do you want the touch to be splendor and also make your friends go envious? If this is the case, then why not consider creating an interesting ribbon effect on your walls. Ribbon effect can be created on any walls of any room. It is known to impart the walls with a warm, classy and a fabric like look. You have the liberty to paint a gamut of ribbons in the form of vertical stripes on a single wall or just paint a single horizontal ribbon as a border running across the room. Both of the methods are assured to get you a lot of compliments for your decorating abilities.
1) Firstly, you need to prepare the room. Move all the furniture pieces away from the wall or out of the room. Shield the furnishings and the floor with the help of drop cloths.
2) Prepare the walls by filling in the cracks and holes with spackle. Once dry, employ a sand paper to make the wall smooth. Use painters tape to protect the ceiling, moldings and other parts that are not to be painted.
3) Apply a coat of primer to the walls so that the walls can accept paint easily. Let the primer dry for at least 24 hours.
4) Now you need to select the colors. Remember that the base color should be chosen in matte finish and the ribbon color in the satin finish. For subtle and sophisticated finish, select similar shades or a single shade in two finishes. This shall create a monochromatic look in the room. On the other hand, complimentary or contrasting colors may be selected in order to create a whimsical or a bold wall.
5) Paint the entire wall in the base color and allow it to dry for 24 hours.
6) Mark the ribbon outlines with the help of a chalk. Apply painters tape along the lines outside the ribbon area.
7) Apply the satin finish color with the help of a roller to the ribbon areas. A paint comb may be used to make the ribbons appear woven or textured.
8) Remove the painters tape while the paint is dry in order to avoid peeling.
9) Allow the ribbon to dry. Use a small brush to give finishing touches.