10 Winter Home Decorating Ideas
Changing the décor of the home at the outset of different seasons is one of the easiest ways to impart a new look to the interiors of your home. With the winter season setting in, it is once again a time to impart a fresh feel to the interiors. With fluffy and soft fabrics and warm colors, you can welcome the winter season in style.
In this write up, you have the exceptional opportunity to know about simple decoration tips in order to prepare your home for the winter season. Here are the tips –
1) Winter season is all about getting cozy. So you need to take out all your fluffy and soft throws. With the throws, your furniture pieces would make the place inviting and cozy. You may also use silk throws in order to impart a rich feel to the interiors. Flannel is also a great option and goes well for throws as well as for curtains and bedding.
2) Use pillows and cushions to add extra warmth and comfort to your room. It is doubtless that softness of pillows and cushions compel one to snuggle them. In addition, you have the liberty to play with colors and fabrics. Velvet, satin, suede and silk are some popular options for fabric. And it would be best to select dark colors and patterns.
3) Introduce rugs in all parts of your house as it is it is very unpleasant to place your feet against a cold floor. Rugs shall make your home warm and cozy.
4) Decorate your home with natural elements and add an element of serenity to your home. The muted neutral and earthy touches of stone and wood paired with dried flowers, and leaves shall help you to create an astonishing environment.
5) Pine cones are easiest to be found. Hang them with dried branches or place them in a glass bowl. Pebbles and stones arranged in shallow trays and dish look amazing.
6) Create a sitting space near the fireplace which has been inactive the rest of the year. Place a coffee table, a rug and some chairs.
7) If you do not have a fireplace, light candles in various parts of your house. You may float candles for a romantic look.
8) Add aromas and warm scents to your indoors such as vanilla, cinnamon and more. This can be done by making use of fragrant oil in oil warmer. Alternatively, you may also light scented candles and fragrant sticks.
9) Change the artwork displayed. Floral and bright prints are not ideal for the winter season. Instead hang some black and white pictures.
10) Invest in low watt lights and bulbs to make the room cozy and romantic.