10 ways to maximize space in a small room
Most of the homeowners would love to own a large and a luxurious house featuring huge and spacious rooms, but aren’t fortunate to own one such. Today, property prices are increasing tremendously, and new properties are featuring small rooms with limited space. As a result, home owners have no other option and struggle hard to maximize space in their small rooms.
1) Select furniture pieces that are compact, cater to multiple purposes, and are easy to move. Instead of standalone furniture pieces select furniture pieces that perform a double duty. For instance, trunks serve as an excellent storage unit and can also be used as a coffee table.
2) Walls are known to offer some excellent storage opportunities. Instead of lamp shades and light stands, mount lighting fixtures on the wall.
3) Beds are known to occupy a large amount of space, so purchase beds that feature loft or drawers at the side. The loft can be used to store things required occasionally such as winter wear and more.
4) Invest in several hanging hooks. The hooks can be installed in all types of room starting from the bathroom to the kitchen and can be used to hold miscellaneous items.
5) Instead of closed cabinets, opt for open shelves. The open shelves shall open up the room and can be used for varied storage needs.
6) Create niches in the room for displaying show pieces instead of wall cabinets.
7) Employ corners of the room. Corners are often neglected when planning the design of the room. Install some hanging shelves in the corner and use it for storing varied things such as books, sweet jars, perfumes, etc.
8) The space behind the door should also be put to use. If there is enough space behind the door then you may construct a small wardrobe with sliding doors. However, if space is limited then install hooks on the back side so that things can be hanged.
9) Add a shelf just below the ceiling and runs through the entire room. This is idle for storage of books, show pieces and soft toys.
10) Place a basket in the corner of the room and use it for keeping the things as you walk in the door such as a hand bag, stole, etc.